Some swirls and want a deep shine ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aido

Car
C250 cdi amg sport estate
Hi guys I have not long brought my metallic Palladium silver c250 it has some swirling on roof guess from a car wash or poor washing,

Anyway looking for a good product to use to remove or hide these and get a good deep shine ??? Will be doing it by hand

Iam a great fan of meguiars have used it for years but wondered if anything better to try, autoglym ??

Thanks in advance going to buy tomorrow !

A bottle of polish and a load of elbow grease should sort it.

Then wax it.

What I meant was use a straight polish, not a polish/wax product.

Thanks mate I usually use the meguairs 3 step paint cleaner polish then wax

If you are not looking to correct the paint you will want something to 'hide' any imperfections so a product with fillers.

If you want to save buying multiple products go for an all in one that cleans, polishes and offers some basic protection like AG SRP.

After that you will need to seal to stop said fillers disappearing to the elements so either a sealant or wax of your choosing...or both! But it's wax over sealant and never the other way round.

Oh and hearing good things about the clay mitt you can pick up from Halfrauds, you want as much cr@p off the paint before you polish.

Cheers for advice have read that AG SRP is good so will give that a bash and finish it with AG extra gloss will try the mitt to I think thanks again!

Lol I've always washes the car in past and just used Ag srp and left it at that. So srp is like a filler polish then you would go over the car again with Ag extra gloss to seal and shine??

My cars have always looked shiney with just the Ag srp in past tho lol.

SRP will leave the paint looking good afterwards just think you will get more longevity with putting a wax or sealant over.

Hopefully time well spent protecting your hard work!

SRP is not durable at all on its own, so a few coats to lose the swirls, then a couple of coats of a stout wax like Collinite 476s to keep it in.

Be sure to get the surface perfect first by claying.

Read this: ** Swirl Removal By Hand - Test ** - Detailing World
thanks. I'm glad I spent my well earned money on Ag stuff in halfruads at the weekend after reading that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom