Someone crashed into the 230TE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfuller

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C240 Elegance & S210 E320 CDi Avantgarde
This morning, swmbo was driving through Clapham on her way to work (headlights on and sensible speed) and a Suzuki Swift pulled out from a driveway/small road straight into the side of the 230TE.

The damage is both n/s doors and claddings, a bent in wheel arch and a scratched rear wheel.

They swapped details, but the other driver was slightly wrong on her reg no. Luckily my o/h double checked this and got the correct one!

So I've been worrying that the insurance company are going to want to write the car off and thinking of ways to get around it etc.

Unfortunately when we notified our insurance company a few hours later, the other car was not on the insurance database but are now trying to make contact with her!

I know this doesn't necessarily mean she isn't insured but I think I can already tell the way this is heading.:doh:

They swapped details, but the other driver was slightly wrong on her reg no.

Unfortunately when we notified our insurance company a few hours later, the other car was not on the insurance database but are now trying to make contact with her!
Doesn't look good:(

Quick update, the o/h went in to the police today and they don't think the other driver even has a license.

Our insurance company have helpfully told us they will repair our car but we have to pay the £500 excess and they will try to reclaim it from her but no guarantee.

In all honesty I think I can repair it for about £100-150 so I shall go my own way, keep a record of every single expense and pursue her for my costs and generally make her life as hard as I can, as its not about the money but the principal.

Typical.

It's a good job your Wife checked the actual Reg number.

Typical.

It's a good job your Wife checked the actual Reg number.

Yes I'm very glad she did.

We have her name, mobile and a rough idea on the address but I haven't yet been able to find the car.

Will see what help the insurance company offers after all these years and thousands of pounds I have paid them!

I can see now how its going to end up though:mad:

You should be able to claim from the Motor Insurance Bureau, shouldn't you?

I will look into this.
I have not had to do this before so its going to be a learning curve I guess.

At this stage my main concern is our own insurance not going up any further as we already pay plenty.

You would think with all the ANPR now, uninsured cars would soon be picked up.

Have I missed something I thought she did not have a license I can't see any mention of Insurance :dk: Big difference as the MIB covers one but not the other.

No insurance either.

Keep chasing up Plod. People like this make my blood boil.

Whatever happens be assured I wont let it rest.

Its not about the actual damage to the car as annoying as it is.

What is really getting to me is that with these older cars it takes time to find the right car and you cant just go out with a wodge of money and replace it. The thought that some unlicensed and uninsured driver can damage my property and practically get away with it really grates me.

I pay a small fortune every year to stay legal as I know I would get caught, and this woman is taking her child to preschool and getting away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom