SOS Not Ready

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swaziboy

Car
E53 AMG
Am I correct in saying that for the emergency SOS function to work the SOS state should be 'SOS ready', in green in the telephone screen? Mine always says 'SOS not ready' in red? Car is a W205 with Comand...

Out of the blue mine started saying the same recently plus I get a message in the central display saying SOS inoperative every time I start up the car; 2015 S212 with Comand.

me neither! although garage said it was likely software and they needed it in.

So it should go green? Can't say I have ever seen mine go green. I don't get an error in centre display though?

I can't remember if it went green! I definitely get a message in 'speedo' display saying SOS Inoperative as soon as I start car.

Same problem in my 2015 W212. "SOS Inoperative" in orange appear in the cluster every time I start the car (and stays there until I press the "OK" button.
Been like this for the last two weeks.

Same here noticed it last week
GLA 250, 2014

Out of the blue mine started saying the same recently plus I get a message in the central display saying SOS inoperative every time I start up the car; 2015 S212 with Comand.

BINGO! Booked mine in for this today, been sulking about two weeks, dealer said approximately an hour update. Went for a bonnet hinge recall so doing them both together (July 2015 S212).

Just for future reference:

aw4whw.jpg

20pdfk2.jpg

Don't you need you phone connected through Bluetooth for it to work?

No one has mentioned it, so just asking........

Thanks. My phone was connected.
Now why do I get a feeling Mercedes 'me'
May have something to do with this. Maybe?

Last edited:
Update: A few hours later update done, recall done, transmission (7G) updated. It's believed the problem is at the SOS centre end, not the vehicle end.

3 cheers to Waterhouse in Chelmsford, all very smooth (as ever).

(The recall is for the bonnet hinge if your in with an E-class).

Last edited:
Update: A few hours later update done, recall done, transmission (7G) updated. It's believed the problem is at the SOS centre end, not the vehicle end.

3 cheers to Waterhouse in Chelmsford, all very smooth (as ever).

(The recall is for the bonnet hinge if your in with an E-class).

So its possible it's got something to do with the introduction of ' Me 2.0 ' :confused:

Might do? I don't subscribe to Me though - mainly because nobody can tell me why I would really need it!

Quick update: car was booked in yesterday and required a software update which seems to have sorted the SOS message :)

I'm in the same boat, sos down, w205. Another trip to dealers!! [emoji30]. They can fix the 4th light out on door handles whilst there!! all failed now!! pile of crap!!! BMW's far better build is so far my experience from my first foray into a Merc.

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting that mercedes me may be the culprit, sos on my new e63 was working fine until i was up and running with"me" yesterday . Getting sos inoperative from this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom