Speaker positioning in C class (W204)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keyrex

Car
Mercedes c250 cdi blue-efficiencyAMG sport
Hi
Can anyone tell me where the speakers are located in the Mercedes C class (W204) fitted with Audio 20? and also how many speakers there are in the car in total?
I know they are in the doors (front and back) and sort of behind the wing mirrors (making 6 speakers in total) but should there be others, for example, are there any on the parcel shelf at the back or under the front windscreen or anywhere else in the car?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated and a diagram of the location of the speakers would be excellent.
Thanks in advance for your help.

There's the 4 in the doors, then the two tweeters in the doors next to the mirror, then one is in the middle in the dashboard at the top (where that little light sensor bump is).

Two in the parcel shelf. So 9 in total. If you've the HK upgrade, then they're all better, plus you get 12 in total, as there's a central woofer in the middle of the rear "shelf" and two tweeters either side of the speakers in the rear shelf.

Thanks, i think my rear and front centre speakers are not working, looks like a trip MB dealer.
Hope it is covered by warranty.

Further.
I have just called Mercedes and they say that the speaker configuration is down to build option when the car was purchased new, i purchased it second hand so they say they will find out what config. is by Monday. Is this correct? are there different options for the standard audio 20? or are they trying to fob me off?
Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest. I bought mine 2nd hand too. I only know where mine are as I've had the door panels off to nip up all screws/bolts etc and the dash board bit off at the top to nip up those screws to stop a rattle and the tweeters as you have to remove those to get the door panels off or remove the wing mirrors.

I looked at the spec of the Harman Kardon upgrade and found that it had 3 extra speakers in the rear shelf, the central woofer and two tweets. :)

Have a trawl online and you should see diagrams, also if you post a thread on here with your VIN number asking for someone to get you a data card for your car, it'll list exactly what options your car had chosen for it from the factory.

The Audio 20 standard number of speakers are only 6, the HK option brings in a total of 12.

I think the basic set up of 6 produces quite a good sound with good bass. I would love to hear what the HK setup sounds like, as it was a £650 option.

Thanks, i have finally established that there are 6 speakers. 4 in the doors and two behind the wing mirror just as i-CONICA said.
Looking to get an upgrade now and waiting for mb after market to give me price.
Thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom