Speed camera detector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
Hi I do a round 15,000 miles a year and had a few close calls with speed cameras (been lucky up to now) so .........
Can any one recommend a speed camera detector, don't really want to pay more than £100 for one.
I have been on a few web sites looking at them :confused: some have annual subscriptions some don't.
Also I don't want one that goes bleep bleep every 100 meters just to annoy you.
Cheers

Sorry my smartphones not that smart.:eek:

Buy a cheap Tom Tom or Garmin and join the "PocketGPS" forum, for a small subscription you have access to up to date speed camera locations and warnings.
I have never found a camera that has not been registered in the past 5 years or so.

Do you really mean a detector (i.e something that detects RADAR or Laser emissions), or are you talking about a GPS-based system that warns as you approach known fixed camera locations?

I do try to keep to limits but some times find myself doing 35 - 38 in a 30,im sure we all have done at times.
Just a detector would do,take my chance with the rest.

Last edited:
Do you really mean a detector (i.e something that detects RADAR or Laser emissions), or are you talking about a GPS-based system that warns as you approach known fixed camera locations?

I think radar detectors are banned in UK

Buy a cheap Tom Tom or Garmin and join the "PocketGPS" forum, for a small subscription you have access to up to date speed camera locations and warnings.
I have never found a camera that has not been registered in the past 5 years or so.

This is the answer best database there is, cheap tomtom load pocketworld gps camera database, job done.

Or make your car totally invisible to camera's but thats a £400 - £500 job, but works ;)

I think radar detectors are banned in UK

No they are legal but there is only the Gatso type fixed cameras that use radar, most now use laser, if a detector detects a laser hit its too late you've been nicked. Radar detectors work by detecting backscatter from radar sources, there is no back scatter with laser.

This is the answer best database there is, cheap tomtom load pocketworld gps camera database, job done.

Or make your car totally invisible to camera's but thats a £400 - £500 job, but works ;)

Could you enlarge on the making invisable thing? By pm if needed ;)

I've had a Snooper Strabo for a number of years, which gave me free lifetime updates for cameras when I bought it. As a satnav it covers Europe also, and it may be worth asking this vendor (or any other) whether or not they also had the free lifetime update offer?

I do try to keep to limits but some times find myself doing 35 - 38 in a 30,im sure we all have done at times.

Use your limiter. I set mine to 32mph in a 30, as that's real 30mph verified via GPS, then I don't need to worry about drifting faster.

It's all in the manual - press the stalk such that the light is on.

I have used a Road Angel connected for a while, it's excellent. It has the subscription option but updates in real time via inbuilt sim card. You can also hit a button and upload the location of a camera if its not on the database. You can set the beeps to how you want eg turn accident blackspot, schools etc off.

Well worth the money in my book, saved my licence a few years back.

I have Origin b2 on both cars since they came out. Many years.

I still have a load of B2 stuff, including two units, the laser detector, modem etc, but no subscriptions. Someone here has, though.

I used to run B2's and they were brilliant in the day but people that still have them tell me the database is not good with lots of camera's missing, but it's been a while since I used them so not really sure.

Is this the number plates that allegedly can't be photographed?

If so, I've yet to see any that actually work. bit like the emperors new clothes though.. quite funny to have people thinking they do losing their license. :D

Laser jamming, I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom