Speed camera detectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercedes lover

Car
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 2003
Can anyone tell me if the snooper S1 is any good? Most reviews dont seem to rate it very good. I want to spend under £200 so if the S1 is no good can anyone advise a better one?

Road Angel Classics have dropped to £269 now if you can stretch for it....

mercedes lover said:
Can anyone tell me if the snooper S1 is any good? Most reviews dont seem to rate it very good. I want to spend under £200 so if the S1 is no good can anyone advise a better one?

I can understand your budget, but you will kick yourself if you buy a Snooper. Hold out or haggle on a RA.

The S1 is not a GPS device, it is Radar only so is useless. Have a look on ebay for a secondhand RA or S4.

Bought an Origin B2, and had it professionally fitted, together with a laser diffuser that returns the beam for 5 seconds, whilst you slow down.

First day out, there was a Bobby on the M4 with a laser gun. The system gave me a good fore warning, and bleeped like mad.

Well worth the outlay, and the B2 is much neater than the Road angel, which looks awful on the dash. The laser deflector peeps out through a cut out in the front grille, and is virtually invisible.

Tony M said:
Well worth the outlay, and the B2 is much neater than the Road angel, which looks awful on the dash. The laser deflector peeps out through a cut out in the front grille, and is virtually invisible.

For sure, I agree with Tony. But on the budget quoted consider the chances of a RA rather than assume you cannot afford a device at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom