Speed with Guy Martin: F1 Special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Best bit of TV I've seen in ages.

David Coulthard and Guy Martin really seemed to get on.

Yes. Totally enjoyed that. Never even heard of Guy until tonight. He seems a belting lad. Very funny, northern humour. Bet he'd be a scream to for on a night out with.

I love F1. Can't wait for the weekend. I'll watch C4's coverage with interest. But Sky first.

Ant.

Yes. Totally enjoyed that. Never even heard of Guy until tonight. He seems a belting lad. Very funny, northern humour. Bet he'd be a scream to for on a night out with.

I love F1. Can't wait for the weekend. I'll watch C4's coverage with interest. But Sky first.

Ant.

Get on YouTube and watch what he does around the Isle of Man, including his crash.

There's a degree of lunacy about the guys that ride the TT at his level. He seems to accept he's likely to die doing it, it's not a matter if, just when.

I guess he just couldn't deal with a pipe and slippers.

His genuine interest in the engineering of the formula 1 car was infectious.

Now if only they still sounded like that instead of a 1950's ladies hair blower

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

^ Try and watch some of the IOM TT racing on you tube Ant. Real racing! 210mph on a road circuit with no run offs or fancy crash barriers.
Guy is from Lincolnshire.

An enjoyable hour but really unmatched machines. The F1 car is the pinnacle of racing for sheer speed.

His genuine interest in the engineering of the formula 1 car was infectious.

Yes. I loved that about him. He reminds me of my own adoration of it all.

However, some will say that C4 paid him to Big F1 up for their forthcoming coverage. I can just hear the F1 haters now. :doh:

Ant. :D

^ Try and watch some of the IOM TT racing on you tube Ant. Real racing! 210mph on a road circuit with no run offs or fancy crash barriers.
Guy is from Lincolnshire.

An enjoyable hour but really unmatched machines. The F1 car is the pinnacle of racing for sheer speed.

Yes, he just came across as a Top Man. Friendly and fun. Think I've got a man crush!!! :eek:

I just watched it too. Thought the program was a bit weak on content, personally but it was nice to hear those engines roar and see the disparity between the two set-ups.

I have never heard of Guy Martin or what ever the guy on the bike was called.

They could of featured someone most people have heard of such as Valentino Rossi.

With the greatest of respect, if you've any interest in motor sport and /bikes you'd have to be living on a different planet not to know of (or have a man crush it seems) Guy Martin

Look up his bicycle speed record or the rebuild of a Spitfire if you get a Mo or hour

Bloke TV at its best :bannana:

With the greatest of respect, if you've any interest in motor sport and /bikes you'd have to be living on a different planet not to know of (or have a man crush it seems) Guy Martin

Look up his bicycle speed record or the rebuild of a Spitfire if you get a Mo or hour

Bloke TV at its best :bannana:

Well. I've never lived on another planet nor heard of Guy Martin. Sorry this shocks you. I've never followed any 2 wheeled Motorsport so it's no big surprise I've never heard of him. :eek:

Regarding my Man Crush comment it was a joke referring to David Coulthards comment about Guy. Another lead balloon moment. :fail

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
NP

It was late, I was tired, but I was shocked.

Good thing is though, you have the chance to find his other programmes - the bicycle one is special

And as to man cushes, we believe you......:p

Ps not seen it yet, watching it over the weekend - what did we do with out TiVo / Sky boxes / HDD recorders?

Best to turn on Sub-Titles before you start viewing.

Haha. Are you implying that you find it hard to understand:

A) Guys accent?
B) David's accent?
C) any accent over the noise of the V8?

Ant. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom