Speedback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A CAR SO FAR UP ITS OWN EXHAUST IT VANISHES WITHOUT TRACE! :p
If I had the money I would have one of these- after all Bond drove a Bentley in the orginal books IRRC !;)
2013-bentley-continental-gt-v8-3.jpg

If somebody wants one why not (sans spokes)...It sure wouldn't be on my list even if I could afford it.

That Mr.Brown is a brave man, but can't help thinking his investment would have been better spent on something like the rejuvenation of Bristol, if that was possible. Good luck to one & all.

Expensive kit car

photoshop 4 kids used as well
DavidBrown_Speedback_Slider_011.jpg

You lot do know that astons and david brown are very very closely linked? I went to Huddersfield uni, where david brown gears is, and we had a sectioned aston engine in the engineering dept. David brown. DB?

This David Brown has no connection, business or family, with THE David Brown of Aston fame.

This David Brown has no connection, business or family, with THE David Brown of Aston fame.

I've always wondered if *you* have any connection , family or otherwise with THE Charles Morgan of Morgan fame ?

None of the pictures look real ?

Has it actually been built ?

I've always wondered if *you* have any connection , family or otherwise with THE Charles Morgan of Morgan fame ?

The only connection of which I am certain is that I bought my Morgan from Charles Morgan's brother in law, Bill Wykeham. Apart from that, no relationship. Same alas with JP Morgan, Captain Morgan, Morgan Ports, Morgan Stanley etc - in short, any Morgans with money or social status.

The Welsh never had surnames, so took their father's name as the identifier - so Hwyell son of Morgan, then slowly this became the surname - so Hwyell Morgan. So an awful lot of Morgans around because it was a popular name.

Who, interestingly, built tractors for far longer than Aston Martins...

Indeed. My antiques business associate told me his grandfather was appointed to run David Brown during WW2 because its gearboxes and tractors were vital to the war effort and the eponymous owner was not up to the job of raising production.

Without tractors I suppose we wouldn't have had Lamborghini, the DB5 or indeed the Jensen FF and only Aston has any real motorsport heritage.

There's one of those at ex RAF Bicester, a perfect 20s and 30s Bomber Command base, that is almost completely untouched. It's now being turned into a Classic aircraft and car restoration, racing and flying centre.

Oddly enough the MD there is a Charlie Morgan. I wish it was me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom