Speeding advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Went past a mobile speed camera earlier today,20mph above the speed limit for the road,no points in last 10 years,likely outcome from experience please folks?

AMGeed said:
3 pts and a £60+ fine. Naughty boy:D

Agree with this quote. Up to 26mph over the limit is usually dealt with by means of penalty notice, any more and it's court.

this may be overlooked if you were running. 50mph in a 30mph limit

3 pts and a £60+ fine.
Naughty boy:D

You probably know the road I was caught on as well as I do,been up and down it many times in the last year and never seen a mobile camera van there before,oh well 1st time for everything I suppose and I know,if I wasn't speeding then I wouldn't be posting this now;)

May be offered a speed awareness course

That's what I'm hoping for,glad the Amg brakes are so good otherwise.......

Hope it works out ok for you

Possibly a beheading

Unfortunately you won't get a Speed Awareness Course as they allocate them to people who are less over the limit (around these parts at least).

Are you sure you were trapped? - I passed one a while ago and heard nothing. I think they were packing up, as when I circled round a few minutes later, it had gone.

A long shot I know, but...

You probably know the road I was caught on as well as I do,been up and down it many times in the last year and never seen a mobile camera van there before,oh well 1st time for everything I suppose and I know,if I wasn't speeding then I wouldn't be posting this now;)

OK I'll guess the Spur road into Ringwood from Bournemouth or the Upton bypass:thumb:

Unfortunately you won't get a Speed Awareness Course as they allocate them to people who are less over the limit (around these parts at least).

That was my finding when caught doing 37mph in Glenferness Avenue (a 30 limit) many years ago. Got a speed awareness course but any more than 10 over the limit it wasn't offered according to the guys doing the course on the day.

OK I'll guess the Spur road into Ringwood from Bournemouth or the Upton bypass:thumb:

A31about 4 miles short of the m3 roundabout(the long straight that goes into a left hander)

I've just been caught doing 61mph in a 50 zone. 3 points £100 fine!!!

What area if you don't mind me asking and was it a mobile/fixed camera or we're you stopped?

That was my finding when caught doing 37mph in Glenferness Avenue (a 30 limit) many years ago. Got a speed awareness course but any more than 10 over the limit it wasn't offered according to the guys doing the course on the day.

42 is the SAC limit in a 30 zone. It goes 31/42/53/64/75/86 for 20/30/40/50/60/70 limits.

Are you sure you were trapped? - I passed one a while ago and heard nothing. I think they were packing up, as when I circled round a few minutes later, it had gone.

A long shot I know, but...

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago,fingers crossed but I doubt I'll be as lucky this time......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom