Spray on, rinse off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
I just wondered if anyone had been using any of the sealants that have come out in the last year or so, which you apply when wet.

I was chatting with Ed at Divine Detail who demonstrated a product I'd never seen before. Gyeon Wetcoat which sounded too good to be true. You wash the car and rinse, before drying you spray the product over the car and hit it with the pressure washer or hose. This activates the product and it applies a coat of sealant that lasts 4-6 weeks. Bloody good stuff if you can get hold of a bottle.

gyeon-wet-coat-both.jpg

It seems to be have become somewhat tricky to get hold of without paying silly money so hunted down and alternative. I came across Bouncer's Bead Juice.

1194735-main.jpg

Bit of a crap name but the product is actually really good. I sprayed this over my E Class whilst it was wet on Sunday morning. Rinsed off with a hose and initially it didn't seem to bead as much as Wet Coat seemed to. Actually a day or rain yesterday and the car is left like this -

lDZsKNq.jpg

Not the best pic due to the lack of light but you get the idea.

As a long term detailing type, I've often gone down the route of waxes or sealants then waxes. These spray on and rinse type sealants certain seem like a good, easy step for people that don't want to go to the trouble of waxing or just want to top up what they have applied already.

My personal choice is Young-mountain-virgin-juice. This is extracted from the pubic hairs of young girls who live in the peaks of secret mountains (well its actually a big factory in Bedford) who bottle the same stuff in different coloured bottles with vastly differing prices. The local farmer will sell you Dodo-poop-juice which can be used to treat cancer and clean your car. By far the biggest seller here in Kent just now is the very hard to come buy We-spot-a-mug which is only sold under the counter to those in the know. They had to go this way after running short on grab-the-cash-quick-serum which was turning bald people into hairy icons.

My personal choice is Young-mountain-virgin-juice. This is extracted from the pubic hairs of young girls who live in the peaks of secret mountains (well its actually a big factory in Bedford) who bottle the same stuff in different coloured bottles with vastly differing prices.

Sending my CV to work on the line as a shave and moisturiser line opperative.

My personal choice is Young-mountain-virgin-juice. This is extracted from the pubic hairs of young girls who live in the peaks of secret mountains (well its actually a big factory in Bedford) who bottle the same stuff in different coloured bottles with vastly differing prices. The local farmer will sell you Dodo-poop-juice which can be used to treat cancer and clean your car. By far the biggest seller here in Kent just now is the very hard to come buy We-spot-a-mug which is only sold under the counter to those in the know. They had to go this way after running short on grab-the-cash-quick-serum which was turning bald people into hairy icons.
Analysing the pictures closely in a scientific manner my conclusion is the wet coat supplier is dehydrated whereas the bead juice supplier is a lot healthier and therefore will be able to produce larger quantities...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I am totally missing something here! Haha

I have been using that gyeon stuff for a long time, its beyond belief! Also try the bathe+ (dont forget about the + though) its the car wash i only use now

I have been using that gyeon stuff for a long time, its beyond belief! Also try the bathe+ (dont forget about the + though) its the car wash i only use now

I try the Bathe+ but preferred the normal Bathe. Both bloody good though.

Carpro also do something similar ..Hydro2 - I've been testing it on my wife's car...it is expensive but a little goes a long way. It is great on wheels and I can usually gt her alloys pretty clean just using teh pressure washer.

I find that it does extend the time between washes but, the car still has to be washed as the dirt will not just rinse off.....

Hydro2 500ml- Spray & Rinse Coating

I've used em both and find the Bouncers bead juice lasts even after a washes over the Gyeon wet coat/ Carpro in that case. Obviously top up products still need to be used to maintain the water beading but its more that slick feel and finish is where the most joy is . so wax your vehicle as normal and use these wet coats when you feel the hydrophobic properties begin to drop .

I've used em both and find the Bouncers bead juice lasts even after a washes over the Gyeon wet coat/ Carpro in that case. Obviously top up products still need to be used to maintain the water beading but its more that slick feel and finish is where the most joy is . so wax your vehicle as normal and use these wet coats when you feel the hydrophobic properties begin to drop .

That is exactly what i do ;)

The bathe is more foamy but the + is a better dirt and water repellent

I can't say I noticed but I did find Bath+ plenty slick enough, just didn't find the beading better than when using Wetcoat though.

I need to re-wax my E Class in the spring. I coated with Britemax Extreme Elements and then topped up with Collinite 845 but really need to clay, polish and re-coat. May go for Dodo Juice Supernatural as have a tub in the cupboard unopened haha.

I can't say I noticed but I did find Bath+ plenty slick enough, just didn't find the beading better than when using Wetcoat though.

I need to re-wax my E Class in the spring. I coated with Britemax Extreme Elements and then topped up with Collinite 845 but really need to clay, polish and re-coat. May go for Dodo Juice Supernatural as have a tub in the cupboard unopened haha.

Yea the bathe+ is awesome stuff and so quick and easy too

I really do not see any point in washing my cars, i get them all clean and shiny,then the wife takes them out in turn and makes them dirty, asking her to clean a car will end in divorce !!!!!!

I really do not see any point in washing my cars, i get them all clean and shiny,then the wife takes them out in turn and makes them dirty, asking her to clean a car will end in divorce !!!!!!

"Clean What? Why on Earth would I do that? I'm married to ...YOU!"

another excuse is " I just cleaned the car, look at the state of it now"
Reply from better half "well, we do live in the country "
I suppose its nothing to do with the muddy yard where her horses are kept !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom