SRS Error weeks before MOT help needed clk 240 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unothodox

Car
clk 2
Hey i just Replaced the seat belt retainer after it broke (would not retain at all) and on the cluster saying srs restraint system service and srs was on after the replacement i have a new message on the cluster saying restraint system defective visit workshop and with the srs light still on

does anyone one know the best way to clear it (would a code scanner clear it)

first picture is before the seat retainer replacement
second picture is after

http://imgur.com/WC4D1pq

http://imgur.com/JfihghI

Get it on STAR for diagnosis,I had same issue few months ago and turned out to be the seat belt buckle tensioner thing that was faulty something to do with voltage too high on it. New one cost £111 and £50 labour at my local indie and is fine again

take light off and get mot and put light back on

Ok is there any cheaper solution to this problems I've already dump a lot of money in the car for what the car is worth

I'm starting to think I'm wasting money

What do you mean? If you are suggesting removing the light bulb (assuming it is not an LED!) then the lack of an SRS check light could also be a failure and the OP would still have a faulty safety related system.

Not a very sensible suggestion.

Ok is there any cheaper solution to this problems I've already dump a lot of money in the car for what the car is worth

I'm starting to think I'm wasting money

If you did the work with the battery connected it might explain the error, find a local MB independent with Star, a diagnosis and fault clearance will not be expensive.

If you did the work with the battery connected it might explain the error, find a local MB independent with Star, a diagnosis and fault clearance will not be expensive.

As above. Chances are that at some point you turned the ignition on while the electrical connector at the base of the seat was unplugged.

If this is the case then all it needs is to have the SRS fault code reset.

An indie with STAR will be ideal, or you could invest in an Autel MaxiDiag code reader that can read and reset MB SRS faults.

Thats not possible for a few reasons. On his car the SRS warning is part of the multifunction display and if that's out, not only can they not read out the Mileage, but it will stand out like a sore thumb.

On older systems the SRS light needs to come on for a few seconds during selftest and then go out, again this is something they are checking for.

What do you mean? If you are suggesting removing the light bulb (assuming it is not an LED!) then the lack of an SRS check light could also be a failure and the OP would still have a faulty safety related system.

Not a very sensible suggestion.

to get past mot and then fix the problem but could be a star reset problem in which case no problem

As has been pointed out though by myself and two other members, it is not possible to remove the light or display message and even if you could then this would also constitute a fail.

Where abouts are you? My indie doesn't charge for SRS faults diagnosis on his STAR computer he just charges for the part and labour to fix he's really good. He's based in Glasgow if that's any good to you

May sound strange but try turning on the engine, and turn from lock to lock a few times.
When my battery died I had the same error and that was how I cleared it.

May sound strange but try turning on the engine, and turn from lock to lock a few times.
When my battery died I had the same error and that was how I cleared it.

Try turning the wheel from lock to lock a few times with the engine on, I cleared a fault like that when my battery died.

Sorry for the duplicate post not quite sure what happened there

hi i tried the lock to lock method it didn't work does anyone know the cheapest place for a star diagnostic

I bough Autel md802 DS elite - very good device. I had a problem with SRS ligh on 2007 w204 220CDI and manage to clear code with no problem. Not everyone can afford to buy a device. Device can erase a mistake only if original problem was sorted. I'm not a mechanic but I can help to reset a warning light for 15£, I live in Nuneaton CV10. Drop me a message if you interested. Regards. Anton

I bough Autel md802 DS elite - very good device. I had a problem with SRS ligh on 2007 w204 220CDI and manage to clear code with no problem. Not everyone can afford to buy a device. Device can erase a mistake only if original problem was sorted. I'm not a mechanic but I can help to reset a warning light for 15£, I live in Nuneaton CV10. Drop me a message if you interested. Regards. Anton

Isn't that a bit much for doing someone a favor? I have let plenty use my Star system to check and rectify errors and it has never occurred to me that I should even think about charging them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom