St George's Day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

del320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1996 E320 Coupe
Am I missing something?

Shouldn't all you Limeys be out and about today wiv yer St George's Cross tee-shirts and cargo shorts, knotted hankies on the bonce and a pint of whelks washed down with some nice warm 1% ABV beer?

I mean, up here in Scotchland, 30th November can't be allowed to pass without haggis and deep-fried Mars Bar washed down with a bottle of Buckie and followed by a good rammie!

Here in IP12, my neighbour (Wing Commander, retired) has the relevant flag out, and I do believe he's broken out the Bourbon biscuits.

I shall be having two bananas after dinner.

It's all go...

Am I missing something?

Shouldn't all you Limeys be out and about today wiv yer St George's Cross tee-shirts and cargo shorts, knotted hankies on the bonce and a pint of whelks washed down with some nice warm 1% ABV beer?

I mean, up here in Scotchland, 30th November can't be allowed to pass without haggis and deep-fried Mars Bar washed down with a bottle of Buckie and followed by a good rammie!

Don't get me started on this one.

Here in PC Lala Land, the town hall, local fire station etc. no longer fly the English national flag. Why?

Because a committee of craven half wits decided that due to the BNP using it in their material it is therefore a "racist symbol". Pending the outcome of the 4 June Local and EU elections, that bit of gross stupidity may be the subject of a Judicial Review funded by many of the otherwise silent majority hereabouts.

We have our National Flag flying high and flying proud :)

as in?
3ftx2ft.jpg

its not that we dont celebrate st georges day its more of a case that people over celebrate st patricks day mainly down to it being associated with alcahol

:) That is Cornish!!!!!

When we had our flag pole installed I contacted our local authority and asked about the regulationsd regarding flags, planning permission etc

I was told I did not need any planning permission providing we only flew one flag and it was the National flag.

I then asked is that the Union jack, or the Flag of St George

A perfectly simple question but one that flummexed our bureucrats :)

All I know is that on one day per year, the glojoh residence breaks the planning regs :)

Roll on September :bannana::D

Nice to hear that the old fashioned stereotype image no longer holds true ;) :D

Because a committee of craven half wits decided that due to the BNP using it in their material it is therefore a "racist symbol". Pending the outcome of the 4 June Local and EU elections, that bit of gross stupidity may be the subject of a Judicial Review funded by many of the otherwise silent majority hereabouts.
Please keep us posted. I like seeing craven half wits drunk on their own power brought back to planet earth with a bump :thumb:

So is mine, and I am in South Africa surrounded by election fever and Boers! I've broken out the white wine (40p a bottle!!) and the chocolate digestive.

It is also my wife's birthday and our E class is off the road in the UK with an undiagnosed and unrepaired fault, but a bill for £550. Happy St. George's day, happy birthday love!

And for good measure my daughter married a german and lives there. I thought we won the wars. Three german officers crossed the Rhine, taboo, taboo, they did something naughty and drank all the wine.......
Happy St. George's Day to you all (I have to whisper this! We invented concentration camps here, they say.)

The red cross on a white background was an identification signal for Knights of the Crusade on battlefields. One could say therefore that the flag is based on the warmongering ideals of religious fanatics.

St George, a Roman soldier, never even visited us and was imposed by a pope 800 years after St G. was beheaded.

Happy birthday William Shakespeare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom