Staggered..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's the postcode being unkind to you.

Just to make you feel even worse, I'm paying £339 with Privilege this year.

I would suggest trying Hastings Direct and Tesco as well for something more competitive.

£1178 would make me cry.

Yeh wrong postcode is be end and end all- it can make you riskier than a killer drunk driver.
My brother's postcode was listed as one of highest risk in UK by Aviva - and they were easily the cheapest for his BMW 1 series! Go figure!:crazy:

hope you got it sorted mate, im with Aviva sub £300!

around the 500-600 is norm

Check the excess with Aviva, you will often get a good price, but the small print will have a compulsory excess of £500 or more.

Check the excess with Aviva, you will often get a good price, but the small print will have a compulsory excess of £500 or more.

My voluntary excess is £350, which is fine, as that's what I put in their website when I got my quote. I suppose I could have increased it for a lower premium.

I wonder if the OP got a quote from Aviva? :confused:

Well if you have one of those black boxes that brings your insurance down lol seriously put the wife or partner on the insurance even if they will not even get behind the wheel of your car that helps and try at least 3 of those comparison sites,I have for years changed insurers every year but have found Privilege quoting low rates for me for the last 3 years .

My voluntary excess is £350, which is fine, as that's what I put in their website when I got my quote. I suppose I could have increased it for a lower premium.

I wonder if the OP got a quote from Aviva? :confused:

Voluntary excess is on top of the compulsory. You have to add the two together.

What was the compulsory excess on the policy, this is the one that I have seen as £500 or more on Mercedes. You need to read the small print for this part.

Voluntary excess is on top of the compulsory. You have to add the two together.

What was the compulsory excess on the policy, this is the one that I have seen as £500 or more on Mercedes. You need to read the small print for this part.

Yes, the compulsory excess is £250. I'm actually an insurer (though not a car insurer), so I know about small print! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom