Staggering Increase in MB parts prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scillyisles

Just under 6 months ago I got the parts price for an complete drivers door mirror assembly for a W124 A124 810 82 16 - price £221.40 with 10% discount from Mercedes Benz Parts Direct. Just got the latest price which is £876.96 inc 10% discount.:eek:

Did they offer a reason why........

I have not spoken to anyone yet - these parts prices are from their internet catalogue. I will check with my dealer to see if there is a mistake - however I seem to recollect reading that W124 parts are now classified as classic parts.

I have not spoken to anyone yet - these parts prices are from their internet catalogue. I will check with my dealer to see if there is a mistake - however I seem to recollect reading that W124 parts are now classified as classic parts.

They make these parts in big batches, so the next batch is always far more expensive than the previous one.

That sounds like a bit of a crazy increase - is it possible they have actually discontinued it, and because of they have changed their price (i know a parts supplier, who defaults the price of any part to £999.99 once its end of life or before its been introduced)

We do still list this, however haven't sold any in the past 12 months, and is special order only

489220320 - OS DOOR MIRROR E CLASS 86-97 (124)ELECTRIC,BLACK,HEATED,CONVEX
Web Price: £123.60
Forum Price: £86.52
Lead Time - 7-10 days (stock dependant)

Pat

You can get the mirrors after market OEM... I use Euro or Andrew Page to special order them for me... I have to say Andrew Page are a little better as they can live stock check their supplier (bosch/hella) and get it within 2 days normally.

MBs general increase is around 20% a year is it not?

Why not go down to the scrappy and pay a tenner or so for one .

The mirrors on W124's are the same as W201's , plenty of them around .

The glass is expensive new .

Just under 6 months ago I got the parts price for an complete drivers door mirror assembly for a W124 A124 810 82 16 - price £221.40 with 10% discount from Mercedes Benz Parts Direct. Just got the latest price which is £876.96 inc 10% discount.:eek:

The value of all good genuine 124's have suddenly jumped in value, as it becomes more uneconomic to refurbish a rundown car.

demand for good ones will increase, as punters see what good investments
(£££) they are.

Speaking generally about spares in the industry. Standard terms for parts manufacturers are that parts supplied for a car during its model life have to be available for a period of 15 years after end of production. This along with pricing is normally part of the contract when awarded business on new models.

As W124 finished production in 96 or 97 (?), this contract will have expired, not just for mirrors but for all parts (unless something carried over to another model). This could be one explanation for the increase. Usually the tooling will be pretty shot at and on its last legs, the supply company may have needed to produce new tooling which would need amortising, or even revert to pre-production or prototype tooling which is usually more expensive to produce parts from.

I have a used one in good working condition. PM me if you need it.

Interesting stuff. (I need to get 30 posts in order to use private message)

Lol, I see what you're doing. You can reply to this if you want, that might help. ;)

yes prices increasing for W124 parts now, and also they are subtituting some parts for "nearest part from other model that fits".

for example, the specific hydraulic self-levelling suspension return pipe is now replaced with a much longer W123 brake line part, plus twice the price of the original part, due to size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom