Star diagnostics - West Sussex - worthing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sbk1972

Hi all,

Does anyone know of someone that has the Mercedes STAR diagnostics within West Sussex / Worthing ?

I have a ML55 and would love to connect it up and change some of the settings / clear down faults. Some of the features I want to change need Star - i,e, program new key fob, reset odometer to read mph and not KMs.

My local dealers want £80+ for this pleasure so I was hoping to meet up with any owner who has it. Dont mind offer some beer tokens for the help :)

Simon

Is Lightwater too far for you?

The guys from Comand.co.uk are the gurus regarding coding..

hi all.

Thanks for the suggestions. Im more hoping to meet a hobbiest than a service / garage. I have some Mercedes garages near me that have the Star software but all charge the earth. Was hoping to meet up with another fellow Mercedes nutter like me, sit together,m go through my system and adjust a few things in return for a case of lager :) ?

My Ml55 reads in Kms and Ive had mixed messages whether it can be converted to Mph but need to study the Star options.

I did see on Ebay someone offering to pop over with a Star system and scan codes but this was up north.

Simon

The majority of MB garages either can't or won't STAR code, especially if it's not MB sanctioned. Some of the procedures are not obvious or straightforward, you need someone who is well versed in coding.

hi.

Ive never see the STAR diagnostics but am assuming its a list of options you click on / or off ? Is this not the case ? you mention coding ? so does one have to enter codes to enable / disable functions ?

If its the latter, is the a pdf anywhere that I can go through to check the codes against function ?

Simon

It's not as simple as you may think. There are a plethora of modules that might need adjusting, some may seem completely unrelated to the function you're trying to set. Depending on the model year some can only be changed by downloading coding files from MB.
Definitely not for the novice, you could wreak havoc in there!

Gaz has one, he's in Suffolk.

Hi.

Billingshurst isnt far from me. Gaz do you have Star and know how to use it ? Reading above is an eye opener I must admit.

My main requirement is to get the odometer reading mph and not kms. The limter too is in kms.

Simon

Hi.

Billingshurst isnt far from me. Gaz do you have Star and know how to use it ? Reading above is an eye opener I must admit.

My main requirement is to get the odometer reading mph and not kms. The limter too is in kms.

Simon

I do, and I do. Although I must admit I haven't changed one from kilometres to miles before, if it is even possible. I have converted quite a few W202 C Classes from Japan, but that involved new instrument clusters as they couldn't be changed by coding. Happy to have a look though!

Thanks Gaz. Are you able to also programme in a second had key fob ?

I did some reading last night and I read that cars are set to UK which sets the speedos etc. You need to go into some sort development mode to set the speedo / fuel tank size etc. Some passcode is required to do this ?

Im repeating like a thick parrot here :)

Im not sure why my car is in KMS. Its had 5 previous owners so god knows what hell it's been through. Im now worried the speedo has been replaced with a lower mileage one although in KM i.e. original one was in mph registering 140K then a KMS was put in and I was told it was 140KMs meaning 80K.

What are you free ? What lager you into ? will bring a case as thank you.

Simon

The cluster display can easily be switched between KMH and MPH. Its one of the settings in the menu on the cluster. No need for STAR for that.

If you are talking about the speed in the ststus line, then yes this can be changed to show MPH or outside temperature. STAR is needed for that ;-)

Hi Alfie.

Im referring to the odometer on the bottom of my speedo. Its digital. shows 1435770 but is in kms. I want it to read in mph. Ive also noticed that the limiter function has to be set in kms so 140 for 80.

My car is a 2002 w163 ml55. If it can be done on the cluster can you let me know how ?

Cheers guys

Hi Alfie.

Im referring to the odometer on the bottom of my speedo. Its digital. shows 1435770 but is in kms. I want it to read in mph. Ive also noticed that the limiter function has to be set in kms so 140 for 80.

My car is a 2002 w163 ml55. If it can be done on the cluster can you let me know how ?

Cheers guys

Cant on a W163 ML, sorry.

No worries :) My battle still continues then. I was hoping that all my pain could be taken away by a simple button the dash :)

Hi all,

Thought I would give a little bit of an update. Decided to leave my odometer in KMs. if I reset it back to MPH it means going forward distance will be read in MPH. The odometer will not be `converted back ` to mph i.e. the distance in kms recalculated and displayed in mph. This will cause no end of ball ache when it comes to selling the car.

So, i now need to know when the car's mileage unit was changed from mph to kms. Is there some sort of sys log in the diag system that logs when configurations were made i.e. 9:00 23/02/2017 - Module-Speedo - KMS set to enable ???

I would like to work out when the odometer / star was set to kms so I can then work out the mileage on the car more accurately.

@ Gazz ? Can you help here ? I get the vibe your a `yoda` on Star :) Does it recording configuration changes time / date ?

Simon

Coding needed

Sussex. Billingshurst to be precise.
Hello Gazz,
I put cruise stalk on my sprinter van (2008), and now waiting for accelerator pedal to arrive.(must be changed as well) Would you be able to activate cruise? Also I swapped basic to highline cluster, and it shows at least few times lower mileage, than I had. Once changed the speedo esp error appeared, and I can't delete that.
My code reader says that there is problem with cluster coding variant.

MB Star C3 on Merc W124

Hi,

My MB Star C3 has a connection lead from the mux to a 4 banana plugs ( black - ground, red - 12v, yellow - signal, white - kl15 ). Can you advise where these banana plugs into the 16 port diagnostic socket on my 1994 E200 estate. I am getting intermittant ABS and SRS lights and would like to read the error codes, I have read that black goes to port 1 and red to port 16 but cannot work out the ports for white and yellow. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom