Star machine near Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

0zzy1953

Car
ml270cdi
Hi..my ML270cdi which I bought for towing a caravan, is suffering from a loss in power resulting in no kickdown. I need to get my car on a Star machine but the thought of going to a main dealer frightens me to death:eek:. Does anyone know of a trusted local indie near Leicester?
Regards Chris

Had it serviced last Sat as it was due one to see if that was the problem..my mechanic said egr valve was working fine..thought I'd get it hooked up to Star machine as I'm wondering if its the maf. Any idea on cost of hook-up?

Right editing done. Thread reopened for the sake of the OP. Please cut out this bickering and stop carrying on arguing from thread to thread. I'm trying to be kind here but limits are being approached....

Right editing done. Thread reopened for the sake of the OP. Please cut out this bickering and stop carrying on arguing from thread to thread. I'm trying to be kind here but limits are being approached....

Sadly, you have another couple to edit...

I would have agreed days ago. del320, meldrew2 and Druck were the main offenders.

My final word on this, just sort the trollers out.

Just to be clear. I have already helped the O/p out. ;)

Sadly, you have another couple to edit...
Both yours.:rolleyes:

0zzy1953 said:
Hi..my ML270cdi which I bought for towing a caravan, is suffering from a loss in power resulting in no kickdown. I need to get my car on a Star machine but the thought of going to a main dealer frightens me to death:eek:. Does anyone know of a trusted local indie near Leicester? Regards Chris
Don't be afraid of the dealers for the diagnostic
The price will be the same as with local Indy and plus you get your car back washed with the full report what's wrong with the car

My local dealer charges a minimum of £100 to plug in.

I charge £20

BlackC55 said:
My local dealer charges a minimum of £100 to plug in. I charge £20
MB Stratford in East London charges £79 including a car wash
The local indies charges at least £60-69

MB Stratford in East London charges £79 including a car wash
The local indies charges at least £60-69

Mercland charge £35, about half the price of what you have quoted

Hi..my ML270cdi which I bought for towing a caravan, is suffering from a loss in power resulting in no kickdown. I need to get my car on a Star machine but the thought of going to a main dealer frightens me to death:eek:. Does anyone know of a trusted local indie near Leicester?
Regards Chris
Thanks guys..problem solved..fitted new maf :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom