start problem with my A Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruby287

Car
A CLASS MERCEDES
Hi All

New member please could I get some help?
My A class (2001) keeps giving me problems starts when it wants! It does not cut out once I am driving; the problem is on short drives if I go to the local shop turn the car off and come back 5 minutes later the car will not start.
Everything else in the car works fine.
I don’t know what to do its making me crazy so please help.:dk::(:wallbash:

fuelpump noisy?

No the fuel pump is not noisy at all the only time it does not want start is on a short drive like driving down to the local shop please help.

quite hard to tell from here.

It just does want want to start once it starts fine no problems at i dont want what is will it need a new start motor?

I dont think its the starter. I would have to link it with the diagnostic tool to tell whats behind it

Hi
I took it for a diagnostic but i dont think did the diagnostic i dont know a loy about cars how do I know if they have done the diagnostic.?

Hi All

New member please could I get some help?
My A class (2001) keeps giving me problems starts when it wants! It does not cut out once I am driving; the problem is on short drives if I go to the local shop turn the car off and come back 5 minutes later the car will not start.
Everything else in the car works fine.
I don’t know what to do its making me crazy so please help.:dk::(:wallbash:

I want out early to local shop parked up want and got few bits got in the car and the car would not start. I left the car in the car park at 11.30am. I want back at two 2pm to see if it would start it did first time no problem.
If any anyone can help please contact me.

I have had the RAC twice and the car starts as soon as they get there i just dont know what to do help please?

where are you?

Hmm.. thats a bit of a distance from Braintree

when you say it does not start, does that mean the starter does not spin?or its spinning without starting up? lights on instrument cluster or blank like no power at all?

All lights on dash board come when driving no warning lights come there is no noise the car runs perfect it just that it starts when it wants to and not when I want it to.
No problems cold starting in the mornings. Then if the car is left for say more than 2 hours, it will not start - as if the immobiliser has not been deactivated, ie engine will not even turn. It will take about an hour plus and then the car will start without a hitch !!

So, when the car will not start, there are no lights on the the dash?

No the lights are on all the lights are working fine even if the car does not start.

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood.

Possibly an ignition switch problem? Although, starter motors are (another) known A-class weakness...

Ok how would i know its the ingition switch?

If the starter does not operate, there is a test that needs to be carried out when the car is a non-starter. Something to do with applying battery voltage to a wire (this wire is somewhere near the battery).

Sorry, I cannot remember the colour of the wire. Possibly you need to speak to a good MB indi about this??

Thanks mate.

can any one else help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom