Start/Stop and Eco button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobra2222

Car
E350 CDI Coupe
Hi all,

i have just upgraded to a c207 E350 CDI and i am loving it :bannana:

its my first car with start stop and just wanted to ask two questions as i do some short journeys as well as longer:

is it safe to have on all the time? my mind has been constantly nagging you are restarting the engine over and over..

can it be disabled? i know you can press the eco button on the dash but it turns back on every time i restart the car

thanks all!

As above. You will get used to it. The car is designed to work this way and fires up more or less instantaneously such you forget about it after a while. Makes a difference to fuel consumption in heavy traffic.

This is my first time with stop/start I to though what have posted, and I kept turning mine off in the first couple of weeks of owning the car, but like you say it comes back on everytime you restart the car so after a while I left it on more and more and I am quite used to it now.
You'll soon get used to it too, but I find it can be a bit annoying in jams/slow traffic.
So tend to turn it off in slow moving traffic and I think it turns itself off when it's in sports mode.
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom