Steamy Windows Air Con inop W211 E270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

melhook

Car
E270
I know its hardly the weather to be worrying about it, but I like to have everything working as it should in my cars.
I had the aircon gassed yesterday, adding the correct gas weight. The compressor is the type that has no seperate clutch and runs constantly. But It doesnt seem to be gettoing cold. Also the demist on the screen is awful.
My old mk3 mondeo used to use the aircon to remove the moisture from inside the cabin clearing the screen and side windows in seconds.
Should the W211 do the same ?

What else can I check, have googled looking for fuses and relays. I put a snap on scan tool on the car, but there is no air con module listed to intergate. I have given the pressure switch a tap, disconnected it and re-connected it a few times.
As a note the car had enough gas in it, so there is/was no leaks.

I will carry on checking. A few suggestions seem to suggest a reset with star. Surely this is a bit silly considering all the system is charged up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I dont have a Star machine. Was asking if there was anything simple I could check.

No water leaks, carpets dry, and boot/spare wheel well dry.

Check the condition of the cabin pollen filter?

Check to see if it's damp...

pollen filter is ok, I had it out in the week when investigating a smell of fumes inside the car.

Put on star machine today. No codes logged. Merc tech showed me a pipe under the bonnet which was kinked. It was near the pollen filter, comes from the plenum drain. Re-position pipe.
Found a poor repaired connection at the compressor.
Have repaired it and will see how it is tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom