Stefano Domenicali Resigns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a shame. He was a good guy.

He was a great ambassador for Ferrari, always polite and respectful when interviewed and always giave an honest and fair account of how things were. I hope they find another role in which he can use his talents.

That's a shame did he jump or was he pushed ? And it was the fezzes team who really pushed for the v6 engines
Would be great to see Ross back in the game

He was a great ambassador for Ferrari, always polite and respectful when interviewed and always giave an honest and fair account of how things were.

I thought he was really refreshing after the Todt / Brawn / Dennis / Briatore era where the teams would say very little - and even less that was meaningful in public.

Along with Christian Horner, Martin Whitmarsh (and to be fair Ross Brawn was rather better too when he had is own team) the personality of F1 changed for the better.

However - Ferrari haven't had a WDC since 2007. And it looks like this year isn't going to go their way. Fernando Alonso is blatantly capable of doing the job. So something had to change.

To mix metaphors/popular culture references Di Montezemolo offered Marco Mattiacci a poisoned chalice he couldn't refuse. :devil:

is an accountant the right person to front a team, might an engineer be better or perhaps a marketeer? I agree something needs to change but if it is just engineering performance would it be better to fix that than change the guy at the top?

is an accountant the right person to front a team, might an engineer be better or perhaps a marketeer?

Depends on the person not the skills and education they started out with.
Good people tend to be able to build on their portfolio of knowledge and skills. SD had been with Ferrari a long time.

Ross Brawn started out as a machinist and worked his way up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom