Stereo wiring for W210 please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
Hi - does anyone have a wiring diagram (or know where I can get one) for my 1999 W210 AMG please?

I want to replace the stereo and I want to know exactly what wire does what and where it is. Including possible mounting sites and cable runs for amplifiers.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention - the stereo description;
  • It's an MB Audio 10 radio/cassette (yeuch)
  • Speakers in the lower frontwards section of both front doors
  • Tweeters in the top of the front doors
  • Speakers in the lower frontwards section of the rear passenger doors
  • Speakers in the rear parcel shelf

I found out where the petrol tank is while I was having a ratch - behind the front seats!!

Here you go:D

Constant 12V+Red/White
Switched 12V+ Black/Yellow
Ground Brown
Illumination n/a
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger Blue/White
Antenna Rear Window
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Brown/Green
Right Front (+) Black
Right Front (-) Brown/Black
Rear Speakers 5 1/4"
Door Left Rear (+) Pink
Left Rear (-) Brown/Pink
Right Rear (+) White
Right Rear (-) Brown/White

289012d1265239123-wiring-diagram-please-help-1996-e320-w210-cct-1.jpg

289013d1265239123-wiring-diagram-please-help-1996-e320-w210-cct-2.jpg

289014d1265239123-wiring-diagram-please-help-1996-e320-w210-cct-3.jpg

289015d1265239123-wiring-diagram-please-help-1996-e320-w210-cct-4.jpg

Picture5.png

Picture4.png

Picture3.png

Picture1-1.png

Padrino - quick question if you can help after I've been reviewing the wiring and I'm curious about the feeds from the radio (A2) to the power amplifier (N40/3).

Are ALL W210's fitted with the power amp (N40/3) or is it only fitted as an available option?
Only I understand that the upgraded system has a power amp somewhere in the car (under the seats maybe?) but my system seems to be very standard, there's no amplifier other than what I assume would be built into the head unit that I can see.

Additional question - are there diagrams of where the wiring looms go? I want to look in the right places without unnecessarily removing panels.

One more:

Picture1.png
This is very helpful, but it doesn't match my car. I have a 1999 S210, but my plug doesn't have Pins A6 and A7. And I really need an A7 (12v switched ignition feed) to make my new radio work.

I have bought a pioneer deh-4500BT.

Where can i get a 12 v switched supply from? Does the C (10-pin) block have a switched supply?

My block has GREY WIRE in pin A2. What is this for?

All help much appreciated. :dk:

Take the switched feed from the rear of the cigarette lighter.

Take the switched feed from the rear of the cigarette lighter.

Exactly what I did in mine. The standard iso connectors should fit the Pioneer fine but the ignition will need to be taken from elsewhere. Permanent live should be fine but just check to make sure

Exactly what I did in mine. The standard iso connectors should fit the Pioneer fine but the ignition will need to be taken from elsewhere. Permanent live should be fine but just check to make sure

Thanks a lot, chaps. How difficult is it to dismantle the dash to find the cigarette lighter wire? Got any tips?

Actually I think I took mine from the glove box light as it was alot more accessible

Taking it from the ciggy lighter is far easier.

Pull up trim from around gearstick.
Then pull the ashtray up and out.
You then have 12v switched and illumination (to dim the display when the lights come on) all there next the the radio.

Taking it from the ciggy lighter is far easier.

Pull up trim from around gearstick.
Then pull the ashtray up and out.
You then have 12v switched and illumination (to dim the display when the lights come on) all there next the the radio.

OK Thanks. When you say pull up trim from around gearstick, do you mean literally PULL. Or are there any awkward clips or screws to negotiate?

Tonight, i had a close look through the radio slot and saw several bundles of wires going past the hole. If i knew which colour wire is switched from the ignition, then i could tap in to it without pulling out any other trim. Do you remember the colour of the cigarette lighter wire or the glove box lamp?

???????? ???????? ??????? Mercedes W210/Dismantling the front console. - YouTube

I took the illumination signal from the bulb on the lighter as well.

Excellent video, thanks for posting. All very straightforward - i took the switched feed from the cigar lighter. I didn't need the lighting feed as my radio does not have the auto dim feature when the car lights are on.

I was astonished to see so many crumbs and other stuff behind the fascias. There were enough crumbs to feed a child for a week, 4 emery boards and a 10p coin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom