Stickers and MOT failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

190omg

Car
190e 2.6
A good friend of mine who drives another mark had his 57 plate car fail its MOT because there was a club sticker above the tax disc but within the wiper sweep. If the sticker was blocking the drivers view I could understand it, but this leaves be baffled. Im planning to put a MBclub sticker in the front window of my 190e above the tax disc to show my support, but worry that I will fall foul of the same "strange" MOT test rule. Has anybody else has problems, or has my mate just been the victim of an over excited MOT examiner ?

Cheers

Si. :crazy:

A good friend of mine who drives another mark had his 57 plate car fail its MOT because there was a club sticker above the tax disc but within the wiper sweep. If the sticker was blocking the drivers view I could understand it, but this leaves be baffled. Im planning to put a MBclub sticker in the front window of my 190e above the tax disc to show my support, but worry that I will fall foul of the same "strange" MOT test rule. Has anybody else has problems, or has my mate just been the victim of an over excited MOT examiner ?

Cheers

Si. :crazy:

Just take the sticker out on the day of your next mot then put it back straight after;)

My cars have the stickers above the tax disc and never had a problem with the mot
Actually is the first time I hear such thing

Yes my SL came back from MOT at a main dealer with the club sticker moved from here:

sticker2.jpg

To the top of the screen (out of the swept area, but more of a visibility issue IMHO!).

The Vito has a German emissions disc in the same place though without any problems. MB Club sticker on that is on the other side

sticker1.jpg

I must admit Ive had stickers in the windscreen before on other cars and never had a problem. The same dealer did refuse to fix his faulty screen washers under warranty because he hadn't used VAG screen wash !

when he told me at the weekend, I laughed and said they must be taking the p**s but he showed me the MOT paperwork with the reason for failure !

Si.

In Ireland if any thing is in the track of the wiper it will get a advisory on it

You may even get away with a chip if it's not in track of wiper

Im guessing it includes phone holders and sat nav brackets too ?

Out of habit and theft prevention, I always used to remove these when not actively using them. The resulting little circle of dried spit never used to produce an advisory or failure for me.

Im guessing it includes phone holders and sat nav brackets too ?

^Yep,had an mot failure in my work van for sat nav holder on windscreen(if i'd have known would have taken it out before the mot & replaced after:doh:).

Interesting I have a permit for parking at work and they require it to be in the OF/S lower windscreen, so security can see it at the gates. I hope it doesn't fail come MOT time.

Interesting I have a permit for parking at work and they require it to be in the OF/S lower windscreen, so security can see it at the gates. I hope it doesn't fail come MOT time.

Only if it seriously obstructs your vision. This comes under the exemption of "official" stickers.

See the link I provided earlier in the thread.

My car passed its MOT two days ago, with two stickers above the tax disc.

Buy smaller wiper blades?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom