Stolen clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I all my clk430 was stolen and house robbed yesterday between17.00 and 17.30. Stolen from the Bolton area greater Manchester. Any information appreciated and cash reward offered for safe return of car.car was in mint condition and painted in tanzanite blue thanks

Sorry to hear of your loss.

On a positive note you can still if worse comes to worse find another decent replacement.

Might help putting the chassis number up also, easy to see in the windscreen should someone see it on suspect reg plates

the clk is back!

Sorry all,glad to report the clk is back! found in tyldsley,wigan.It had been parked there for a week,according to a resident who phoned the police after a scroat smashed the passenger window.Gotta thank the scroat thou,might not have got it back had the alarm not gone off!!Only cosmetic damage no bad bumps or scrapes.think ive been quite fortunate.£235 for new key,£75 for full diagnostic on the star and remove the old keys.Needed new brake pedal switch.I managed to get a passenger window from dronsfield £48,the local indie wanted £100 to fit it.Got a mate to fit it for £30.Thieves also scratched the 430 badge off the back.Can`t find one on ebay, mercedes want £48.Cars been washed and polished twice and still doesn`t look clean.:bannana:Thanks to all for the replys:thumb:

The car did have false plates on,they were right for the a 430 of that age!:dk:

Great to hear you got the car back!

sjmaxwell said:
That is good news! Wouldn't the insurance cover the damage and parts/fitting?
My bro and friend had this with their bikes, they didn't get a thing, my bros was pretty much a write off in a field and my pals one had the loom ripped out of his new zx10 and was smashed down one side insurance didn't pay a bean.

It sounds better than not finding it and insurance paying you 30p for the car though, I got knocked of my z1000 2 years ago and was left with a pile of metal, and it took 12 months for them to pay half the insured value, they went on the cheapest nastiest advert on bike trader and took 500 off because it was at a dealership. Not anywhere near the same bike.

I didn't claim,i have a £500 excess (long story).They also said my ncd would drop from 7yrs to 2yrs...... robbers!!

I didn't claim,i have a £500 excess (long story).They also said my ncd would drop from 7yrs to 2yrs...... robbers!!

Sometimes the insurance companies are worse than the Barstewards that stole the car in the first place!

It wasn't on Shakerley estate by any chance was it? Glad to hear you got it back with minimal damage. Wash it again and enjoy.

I would be careful there. When you come to your insurance renewal you may well find even though you never made a claim your insurance company will have registered it because you told them about the theft.

Scenario is you get insured with a new company and don't tell them about the theft ( quite understandable as you never made a claim ). You then make a claim for whatever reason and the insurance company refuse to pay out because you didn't disclose the theft to them.

There was a big thing on Watchdog about this last year. Hence the reason the question the insurance companies ask is "Have you had any accidents, losses etc in the last five years".......... Without actually asking you if you have physically made a claim.

Worth giving your current insurance company a call just for peace of mind !!

I should also add that you do have to inform your insurance company anyway, its usually part of the terms!

Yes,good point as my insurance is due in April.I'll keep an eye on that thanks.

Good you got it back !

It sounds very good - a lot of car

Good to hear you got it back

Sorry for both of your losses car and house property it's really sickening I've been robbed myself, being an ex Manc with alot of family still there I have facebooked them all just to give you a better chance of getting them back or even the car best of luck will let you know if I hear of anything. I live in Norfolk now so will keep my eyes open and let my friend know here too. Try to stay possative.

Sorry for both of your losses car and house property it's really sickening I've been robbed myself, being an ex Manc with alot of family still there I have facebooked them all just to give you a better chance of getting them back or even the car best of luck will let you know if I hear of anything. I live in Norfolk now so will keep my eyes open and let my friend know here too. Try to stay possative.

He got the car back six weeks ago !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom