Stone chip smart repairers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Can anyone recommend a smart repairer in Hert's/Bed's area for a couple of stone chips on my ML's bonnet. I have tried ChipsAway and after chasing twice they eventually came round but recommended a full bonnet respray (yes this is for just 2 small stone chips). I have also contacted Revive three times via their website but no one has called me back, i guess they dont need the business. I have also sent an enquiry to ChipsnScuffs but again no response.

Thanks.

I can't speak for the others but I tried Revive on my previous car and they mad a pigs ear of all 3 areas I had treated, the bumper chips blistered, the filler used on a door ding in the rear quarter went soft and u could see it had gone wavy under the paint and then on a plastic wing they over did the heat lamps and distorted it ....

Hence am now skeptical when it comes to using this type of service

Smart repairs can be very good but only as good as the person doing the work.

Wait for a recommendation and go from there. Check their guarantee on their work and do not pay unless you are happy with their work

I telephoned my local MB about Smart repairs for a stone chip on my car's bonnet but they also recommended a full bonnet respray. The fact its silver didn't help and the bonnet is the most prominent area. They quoted £450 so I haven't had it done yet.
Touched it up but even though its small its a little irritating. Maybe Chipsaway felt the same about the OP's car.

Can anyone recommend a smart repairer in Hert's/Bed's area for a couple of stone chips on my ML's bonnet. I have tried ChipsAway and after chasing twice they eventually came round but recommended a full bonnet respray (yes this is for just 2 small stone chips). I have also contacted Revive three times via their website but no one has called me back, i guess they dont need the business. I have also sent an enquiry to ChipsnScuffs but again no response.

Thanks.

Try Phil here Super Scuffs | Mobile Car Paint Repair | Herts Beds Bucks - Super Scuffs | Mobile Car Paint Repair | Herts Beds Bucks He's an excellent technician and will tell you the truth. Tell him I told you to call.

And depending on what finish you want, ie invisible ? you might need a bonnet respray. Bonnets, bootlids and roofs are generally unsuitable for SMART style repairs. HTH :thumb:

You know, I've been at this along time and I have yet to see a 'smart repair' that is good and more economical than a panel respray. If you hunt around a panel respray form a reputable smaller garage shouldn't cost you more than £150 and if the guy understands how to use 'flip controller' in his metallic a localized repair will be undetectable. I know a guy just outside of Great Missenden who is a star and might be localish to you. PM me if you want his details. The UK is full of great small paint shops that charge very little and some of these guys even do small work for main dealers... who put a 4-10x markup on their fees.

You know, I've been at this along time and I have yet to see a 'smart repair' that is good and more economical than a panel respray. If you hunt around a panel respray form a reputable smaller garage shouldn't cost you more than £150 and if the guy understands how to use 'flip controller' in his metallic a localized repair will be undetectable.

Localized repair :confused: Aka SMART repair :wallbash:
Just curious how a full panel respray can be "localized" :dk:

Shame you've not had a good experience, but it's the perception purveyed by Bodyshops and Car dealers (and those that actually can't distinguish between a "SMART" repair and a "localized repair") that a "SMART" repair is somehow inferior to a "Bodyshop" is why I don't use the word SMART with my customers anymore. Odd that much of my inferior "SMART" repairs are done for dealers of prestige brands, and I get referred onto their customers for private work.

Still what do I know.........................:(

A scuff on a bumper smart repaired by a good repairer will be as good as and a lot cheaper than a bodyshop full repray

Try Phil here Super Scuffs | Mobile Car Paint Repair | Herts Beds Bucks - Super Scuffs | Mobile Car Paint Repair | Herts Beds Bucks He's an excellent technician and will tell you the truth. Tell him I told you to call.

And depending on what finish you want, ie invisible ? you might need a bonnet respray. Bonnets, bootlids and roofs are generally unsuitable for SMART style repairs. HTH :thumb:

Filled in the online contact form asking for a callback today (8th April), no response. I give up, think i will do it myself with a Chipex kit.

Did you find anyone, I also need someone to repair the stone chips on my silver cls. I found carmagic.co.uk in Hemel has anyone used them, they offer an online quote service. Chipsaway I called out years ago for my w203 and took one look and said, "it's silver that's hard to do stone chips on"

Silver tends to look darker when filling in chips so is harder to hide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom