Strange badging on S Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
Was behind a nice S class diesel today, picture isn't the best but it looks like There was an AMG badge on the right and then a 'hand crafted by' AMG badge on the left.

Has he put the badge on, surely an AMG line S class diesel wouldn't be badged up like that?

IMG_9594_zpsx17mkvj6.png

Indeed- I was behind a perfectly nice cavansite blue C300 hybrid estate tonight...except the pikey had added an AMG badge...why oh why....

And another one to dilute and diminish the AMG brand by badging up his AMG Line diesel. Dreamer... :rolleyes:

AMG only made one diesel and that ain't it *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every car that comes from Mercedes now is bloody hand crafted by AMG according to every tom **** and Harry.

It's AMG this and AMG that.

BMW is following the same trend; M-sports this and M-sport that... I guess it sells cars because people get the aspirational badges.

I regularly drive past a house with 2 C classes parked outside - C22 AMG and C25 AMG. One being estate like mine. The bloke religiously washes them every Sunday morning. Every time I'm tempted to stop by and ask him about his cars which are clearly very special to him but instead I just floor my soot chucker and leave a cloud of smoke in front of his house. Sad I know. Wait until I get my new to me CLS55 and do a decat and x pipe mod :devil:

BMW is following the same trend; M-sports this and M-sport that... I guess it sells cars because people get the aspirational badges.

Again, why I think Audi has the upper edge on their branding by having 3 stages of range, rather than 2. It means they can keep the top level 'RS' brand completely separate and prestigious, whilst still being able to sell trims to muppets who think having an 'S-line' pack turns their car into the sports version.

I regularly drive past a house with 2 C classes parked outside - C22 AMG and C25 AMG. One being estate like mine. The bloke religiously washes them every Sunday morning. Every time I'm tempted to stop by and ask him about his cars which are clearly very special to him but instead I just floor my soot chucker and leave a cloud of smoke in front of his house. Sad I know. Wait until I get my new to me CLS55 and do a decat and x pipe mod :devil:

How nice of you. :crazy:

Nice car - ruined

Again, why I think Audi has the upper edge on their branding by having 3 stages of range, rather than 2. It means they can keep the top level 'RS' brand completely separate and prestigious, whilst still being able to sell trims to muppets who think having an 'S-line' pack turns their car into the sports version.

Totally agree with this, its why i liked my RS6, knowing i had an RS6 i was top of the game.
The AMG part of the E63 isnt quite as special, in fact its nowhere near as special, the only part of the whole badge that gives way to being "top of the mark" is the fact it say 63....

But i guess as you say it sells cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom