Stupid and pointless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
Posting "this is a stupid and pointless thread" is in itself stupid and pointless. Discuss.

what is benoit b mandelbrot's middle name..?

benoit b mandelbrot

Posting "this is a stupid and pointless thread" is in itself stupid and pointless. Discuss.

If the thread is not insulting, the OP gets something from posting it, and it doesn't break any rules then all's good by me.

Posting "this is a stupid and pointless thread" is in itself stupid and pointless and shows a lack of social skill (IMO).

It's normally a certain type of individual who posts that kind of thing. They obviously have a massively over-inflated opinion of their own self importance.

Everyone else just thinks they're a dik... :D

Meldrew2, is this a clandestine promotion for British YouTuber Alfie Deyes?

book-e1410794109525.jpeg

Meldrew2, is this a clandestine promotion for British YouTuber Alfie Deyes?

No. Never heard of him till now!

Just a forum-related question.

I'm not a fan of the lyricist that plagiarised the quote but it is apt:
If manners maketh man as someone said
Then he's the hero of the day
It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say.

Ban all nonsense . Including this thread. In future it's best that I'm the arbiter of all things ... I say again ban all nonsense..........

I like this thread....

Which aptly shows the different demographic of members frequenting this forum now, compared to say 5 or 7 years ago.

It has now become a debating society for Grumpy old men debating, mainly rants or politics.

Shame really.

Which aptly shows the different demographic of members frequenting this forum now, compared to say 5 or 7 years ago.

It has now become a debating society for Grumpy old men debating, mainly rants or politics.

Shame really.

Fancy meeting you in this thread - what an unexpected pleasure :D.

I think that depends on the subject. Now if you were to start a thread about Tesla, for example, it would probably be the case because the gel between MB enthusiasts is not part of the equation. Clearly, different opinions and therefore debate would ensue.

Isn't that what men of a certain age have always done?

In days gone by, they all used to sit around a table in the local pub and put the world to rights.

Now that most of the pubs have become "family restaurants" there is no longer a conducive atmosphere for debate and the price of drinks is prohibitive. In 2014 it's open some supermarket vin rouge and log on.

Funny, I've been reading this forum for ten years or so, since I got my first Merc (if not posting continuously like some no-life sad sacks with extremely high post counts) and I haven't noticed any increase in the intellectual content of this forum...rather the opposite

Bless, whining about the good old days, while calling other people grumpy old men in the same post - how unexpectedly lacking in insight...

^Bilge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom