Stuttgart hotels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
My Christmas gift from Mrs P is a long weekend (probably going in May) trip to the MB Museum and we'll probably take in the other local car museum too I expect.

Are there any recommendations for good hotels in the area please and restaurants, bars, etc.?

Also, what else does Stuttgart offer the middle aged traveller?

Many thanks.

I'm interested too. We're going to the AMG factory at Easter and will probably spend a night or two in and around Stuttgart.

My Christmas gift from Mrs P is a long weekend (probably going in May) trip to the MB Museum and we'll probably take in the other local car museum too I expect.

Are there any recommendations for good hotels in the area please and restaurants, bars, etc.?

Also, what else does Stuttgart offer the middle aged traveller?

Many thanks.

Lots of place in the city to eat and drink.
Black forest not too far away if you want to drive.

The obvious one is the V8 hotel , and you have to ask for the Mercedes Suite , where the bed is made out of a W108 !

Home

The Hilton Garden Inn. Not exciting but very functional and clean, nice bar and walking distance to the museum

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 6
If you would like something more homely and vastly more personal, I can highly recommend the »Schöne Aussicht« I have stayed here many, many times

Hotel Restaurant Schöne Aussicht Winnenden-Bürg

A short drive out of Stuttgart into some lovely forested hills, great diving roads (what out for the tractors though!!)

We've done two Customer Collection visits to Sindelfingen and both times stayed in central Stuttgart as it provides easier access to everything than staying farther out of town.

First time we stayed at Le Meridien which was a fairly typical 4-star place overlooking the Schlossgarten and the second time at the Steigenberger Hotel Graf Zeppelin which is right opposite the main station. Out of the two, we preferred the Graf Zeppelin. If you fancy eating there it has a number of restaurants including one which serves rather good Swabian specialties - we were the only non-Germans dining in it the night we were there and were feted by the staff and other diners alike as they obviously viewed us as being something of a curiosity :D

If you're going to be there in early May, then the Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest (the Stuttgart Spring Festival) which runs from 16th April to 8th May has a fantastic atmosphere and is well worth a visit. It's located just up the road from the MB Museum.

The obvious one is the V8 hotel , and you have to ask for the Mercedes Suite , where the bed is made out of a W108 !

Home

We did a trip there last year (Porsche & Mercedes) and stayed at the V8. What they don't tell you is there is an entire museum and car sales warehouse next to it - so many classics and supercars you will not believe. Plus a Bentley dealer, McLaren dealer and a Lamborghini one. Couple of nice restaurants there too and a steakhouse. Ask for a safe parking space for your car and you will be given access to the underground car park / stock room of the adjacent Ferrari / Maserati dealer, again stunning cars hiding in there.

I really cannot recommend it enough - rooms are big and clean and the breakfast is adequate, lots of decent tea.

S

They have invested heavily in their website haven't they :D

Did they take the photos using a potato cam?

Alas I had posted from my phone this morning during a few idle moments - the phone defaults to the mobile site , optimised for phone screens .

Now that I'm home , here's a link to the proper website

V8 Hotel: Mercedes-Suite

I'm interested too. We're going to the AMG factory at Easter and will probably spend a night or two in and around Stuttgart.

We did a trip there last year (Porsche & Mercedes) and stayed at the V8. What they don't tell you is there is an entire museum and car sales warehouse next to it - so many classics and supercars you will not believe. Plus a Bentley dealer, McLaren dealer and a Lamborghini one. Couple of nice restaurants there too and a steakhouse. Ask for a safe parking space for your car and you will be given access to the underground car park / stock room of the adjacent Ferrari / Maserati dealer, again stunning cars hiding in there.

I really cannot recommend it enough - rooms are big and clean and the breakfast is adequate, lots of decent tea.

S

I'd heard of the V8 Hotel before but that's the first time I've heard of the secure parking, so thanks for the tip off Simon. Last night, I booked a family room with garage parking :thumb:

Whilst the V8 Hotel was my first thought, I'd started thinking about finding a hotel closer to the centre of Stuttgart so we could get out and about and see more during our stay (without using the car). However we're only staying one night now, so that makes the V8 Hotel a slam dunk decision :thumb:

You won't regret it, if you fancy the steakhouse by the Ferrari garage you may need to book in advance.

S

You won't regret it, if you fancy the steakhouse by the Ferrari garage you may need to book in advance.

S

Sounds good, thanks Simon, can you remember the name?

Just googling to try and work it out!

S

I think I found it, this one? Tower 66 | Steakhouse & Grill

Tripadvisor reviews suggest sticking to steak, rather than burgers. Thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom