Suddenly rear creaking and squeeking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
rear suspension creaking/squeezing at low speeds on motorway seems OK slight noise. Happened all of a sudden. Any ideas?

The rear suspension squeaks can be notoriously tricky to pin point exactly what's the culprit but luckily many of the parts are fairly cheap. Here's a link to when I gained a squeaky rear end on my old CLK 270.

CLK rear suspension bushes (209)

If you have a friendly garage it's probably worth getting the car in the air and seeing if you can work out what's causing the noise.

The rear suspension squeaks can be notoriously tricky to pin point exactly what's the culprit but luckily many of the parts are fairly cheap. Here's a link to when I gained a squeaky rear end on my old CLK 270.

CLK rear suspension bushes (209)

If you have a friendly garage it's probably worth getting the car in the air and seeing if you can work out what's causing the noise.

will ask Wayne gates to look at it

Squeaks from the up and down movement of CLK rear end at slow to medium speeds from undulating roads is usally the lower control arm to wheel carrier bushes (some call them trunnion bearings). They tend to go before the inners, but probably worth checking those whilst your replacing the outers.

Have a pair in my garage for my CLK right now, but have to wait until after my hernia op next week to fit them.

Squeaks from the up and down movement of CLK rear end at slow to medium speeds from undulating roads is usally the lower control arm to wheel carrier bushes (some call them trunnion bearings). They tend to go before the inners, but probably worth checking those whilst your replacing the outers.

Have a pair in my garage for my CLK right now, but have to wait until after my hernia op next week to fit them.

Hope all goes well
Abs

It's getting really ****ing creaky now, at high speeds it's still fine (motorway)

Is it safe to drive?

Hi Abs, hope you get it sorted, i had a broken spring once and it did not make any noise.

Hi,

If you look at the underside and cannot see any glaring suspect, then you could do it by process of elimination.

Get a can of silicone lubricant or white grease. Spray carefully onto one bush at a time, take it for a drive, once your creak disappears you've found the culprit.

I'd start with ARB bushes.

Regardless I'm going to need it tomorrow. So just gonna have to hope it's OK. The fact it's ok at motorway speeds makes me believe it's a bush? and not a broken spring?

Hi,

If you look at the underside and cannot see any glaring suspect, then you could do it by process of elimination.

Get a can of silicone lubricant or white grease. Spray carefully onto one bush at a time, take it for a drive, once your creak disappears you've found the culprit.

I'd start with ARB bushes.

So can I just spray this stuff everywhere and fix the problem for a day :D

Every Mercedes I have owned has been prone to some creaking, I guess that they are heavy cars.

Every Mercedes I have owned has been prone to some creaking, I guess that they are heavy cars.
This is more than just some haha it's a lot

If it's a bush, the white grease would last for a while, it would lubricate it, thus stopping the creak.
Used it on my scooby to diagnose a squeak, which I then swapped out at my convenience (dry day :) )

So can I just spray this stuff everywhere and fix the problem for a day :D

If it's a bush, the white grease would last for a while, it would lubricate it, thus stopping the creak.
Used it on my scooby to diagnose a squeak, which I then swapped out at my convenience (dry day :) )
My mate had a look at it and said it's the bush. I could get some White grease and spray around there but I can't see where it is? Shall I just spray in that area hehe

My mate had a look at it and said it's the bush. I could get some White grease and spray around there but I can't see where it is? Shall I just spray in that area hehe

As long as you miss the brake pads and disks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom