Summer hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSilverEstate

Car
2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
image-1509932924.jpg
Won't be needing the rear view mirror then!

You'd have needed a trailer in any of the compact estates - E's rule :thumb:.

I hope you don't need to change a tyre!

You'll end up needing counselling sessions if you have that much baggage.

Travelling light, I see……...

Did I just hear your Wife asking where has little Jimmy gone ???:fail
Time to unpack then, he must be in there somewhere :wallbash:

BAZZER1

OMG.... Are you moving house ?

I insist and won the battle with wife that when we go on holidays is better to travel light rather than taking unnecessary things. It was not easy to start with but after I promised that we can buy whatever we need and left behind then she accepted to try it... By the way we never so far had to buy anything because we did not take it with us
Few examples

1. Trip to France/Dijon for 7 days wife and two kids.. Car 911 and managed to bring back 14 bottles of finest wine
2. Trip to France/Dijon/Disnay... 2 weeks with wife and kids... A Class (w169) managed to bring back 36 bottles of wine

Also all our holiday trips now have a rule of 2-3 bags for all of us (depending on duration of holiday) and a small handbag each. Whatever it can go in those then thats it...By the way the same rule applies when I am on business trips... Even for a full week trips I keep my luggage to minimal and never had a problem either...

Theo

Trip to France/Dijon/Disnay... 2 weeks with wife and kids... A Class (w169) managed to bring back 36 bottles of wine
Theo

A Class is an amazing vehicle. When we had ours we had several family holidays and packed it full. The trick is squashy bags rather than rigid suitcases.
Even took my golf clubs to Scotland one year by decanting them to store under the back seats and packing a collapsible bag.

Edit
Ours had removable front & rear seats - did more than one wine run to Calais with the seats removed.

Last edited:
E Class is too small for us :)

Coming back from Germany last year:

What you see there is for three adults (including au pair) and two children for a fortnight. Only five years ago we were a childless couple and could do a trip away with a couple of holdalls :wallbash:

Was a bit worried about whether the rental at the other end would fit all the junk - had asked for a merc vito people carrier. In the end have been 'upgraded' to a NINE seater LWB Vivaro minibus type thing which is not particularly helpful for hustling around narrow streets in Spanish villages or parking anywhere ever :eek:

Is it mandatory for animals to be caged when travelling in Germany ???

Is it mandatory for animals to be caged when travelling in Germany ???

Pretty sure it's not but will ask the in-laws if I remember. Not an issue for us as the van is caged out anyway ... per the picture we use the bottom ones for luggage on a long trip since we don't generally take all the dogs with us.

I'm asking because me and wife have 3 huskies and we take them with us from time to time, but we use to cover the back seat with one-use-only plastic cover. If we dare put them in cages - they will probably destroy the car ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom