Super grade petrol for C43?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Is it really necessary to use super grade petrol in AMG cars?

It will deliver maximum power. What does it say on the fuel filler flap? I would and you have to in C63, not sure about c43.

Is it really necessary to use super grade petrol in AMG cars?

If the ECU can adapt then yes, deffo yes for supercharged and turbocharged modern engines.

Otherwise use shell vpower for the detergents.

My old SAAB 95 went faster than the Millennium Falcon on vpower :thumb:

I would in any Merc and I still do in my Lexus, just for the cleaners etc..

The extra cost per tank is, what, £5?

Our 400 is designed to run on standard unleaded but I choose to run it on super.

I have a feeling the C43 is mapped to run on super.

Probably be ok on a c43, its not like its an actual AMG.:D

Wish I had a pound for every "should I use super unleaded" thread I've read over the last 12 years.....

RR

Shell VPower for me always, but I live on the Isle of Wight so use Tesco 99 until I can top up to a full tank on the mainland :-(

Shell VPower for me always, but I live on the Isle of Wight so use Tesco 99 until I can top up to a full tank on the mainland :-(

I used to only use Tesco 99 or V-Power on my Honda S2000 and then my SLK55AMG, but after running the SLK on Tesco 99 for a couple of months exclusively I had an issue with the exhaust flaps sticking went back to V-Power and no issues. So it's V-Power all the time for the C63 and Lotus Elise.

Must say since I've got the C63 I've struck up a regular friendship with the petrol station attendant, so much for modern efficient turbocharged engines.......

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom