Supercharger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Growy16

Car
ML55 W163; ML63 W164; C63 W204; E400 cabriolet; Navara Outlaw V6
Have been talking to Acid about fitting a Weistec stage two supercharger to my C63. My principal concern is that it is the stock M156, not a 507 or PPP which both have uprated engine internals. There are several examples of stock cars with blowers which appear fine but I want my car to last for tens of thousands not just a few thousand miles. I don't know what the standard pistons and rods are or can cope with so its hard to make a judgement? You really technically qualified guys might be able to offer me some solid fact based advice please? I don't want to spend unnecessarily but nor do I want a rod letting go at full boost. Thanks in advance.

Mine was the first in the Uk to be done
I have now covered roughly 13000 miles without any issues.

However, I don't stamp on the throttle at every opportunity or sit doing burn outs bouncing off the redline. But I do regularly drive "enthusiastically" and it never gets boring.

Why supercharged?
Leave it NA. Keeps the character of the beast.
There is more than enough power for road use and even track in my opinion.
Less hassle later.
There is no guarantee how long the stock internals will hold.

Lee C63 said:
Mine was the first in the Uk to be done I have now covered roughly 13000 miles without any issues. However, I don't stamp on the throttle at every opportunity or sit doing burn outs bouncing off the redline. But I do regularly drive "enthusiastically" and it never gets boring.
Are you running a Stage 2 Lee? And on the stock engine? I assume that because the blower delivers the higher horse power at less revs you don't need to stomp on it? Did you make any alterations to the gearbox or settings? Thanks.

sirius9 said:
Why supercharged? Leave it NA. Keeps the character of the beast. There is more than enough power for road use and even track in my opinion. Less hassle later. There is no guarantee how long the stock internals will hold.
There is plenty of power but you can always use more. I don't track the car any more as that does cane it but on a recent European rally could have done with a bit more grunt given the competition, had a couple of annoying take offs from toll booths where a Porker GTS gave me the finger.... Grrrr..!!

There is plenty of power but you can always use more. I don't track the car any more as that does cane it but on a recent European rally could have done with a bit more grunt given the competition, had a couple of annoying take offs from toll booths where a Porker GTS gave me the finger.... Grrrr..!!

Then what you need is rear arches extended / widebody to be able to have wider rear tyres for better traction....

Just my 2 cents...

I am running 265 Conti SC6's on the rears. The LSD gets the power down tbh without too much drama. I have discussed a rear arch widening but I don't want a BS replica. Need a custom body shop to create the arch but then it's got to blend in.... That's where the M4 & RS6 have the better finish...

Are you running a Stage 2 Lee? And on the stock engine? I assume that because the blower delivers the higher horse power at less revs you don't need to stomp on it? Did you make any alterations to the gearbox or settings? Thanks.

Stage 2 on stock internals (as my signature says)
Only mod on the gearbox is the tcu valve body upgrade

Go stage 2 and not many other drivers will be giving you the finger....

The power is surprisingly useable once you get used to when and when you can't press the loud pedal lol

After driving a few c63s....i cant imagine the how brutal the thing will accelerate....i want:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom