Superchargers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Does anyone know anything about improving a supercharger eg porting, polishing and/or pulleys. Does anyone have any experience of the same or know firms which do this service?

:D not you again.
I knew you will not sit still for long
Throw in a turbo
:D

This is something I was initially investigating after getting the car.
Having never had one with a scharger I wondered if you could play with it the way you can with turbos.

The only thing I have learnt so far is...

A supercharger should be warmed up before booting it.
A supercharger delivers instant power unlike a turbo which works of exhaust gasses. This is because the charger is belt driven.

And a supercharger makes a lovely whinning noise

You can put a dump valve on them but it seriously messes them up and looses power and would be stupid.

Probably best just letting the charger work it's magic and mess with the other stuff under the hood.

Are you after performance or engine dress and looks.

Having never had one with a scharger I wondered if you could play with it the way you can with turbos.

A supercharger delivers instant power unlike a turbo which works of exhaust gasses. This is because the charger is belt driven.

You can put a dump valve on them but it seriously messes them up and looses power and would be stupid.

Probably best just letting the charger work it's magic and mess with the other stuff under the hood.

I'll add to this list (with what is probably more useless information!)

Screw type superchargers are more efficient than Roots type SC's therefore more powerful.

i shall add as well. use two turbos to eliminate lag.
A small one to help fuel efficiency and a bigger one to deliver power

Last edited:
Out of interest how much work and money is envolved in adding another supercharger.

And what would I be looking at in HP

Admit it Guys - thats gotta be my funniest post yet!!!!:bannana:

Obviously what your trying to do is add more power to your car correct ????

Well have no fear cuz Andys here, forget the porting polishing nonsense a simple solution to your question is to buy a bigger crank pulley.
A bigger pulley means that the supercharger will generate more boost.
I have done this to the E55 and gained from 467bhp to 550bhp.

Cost........£400 for the pulley or $895. £40 or $75 freight and £100 installation 1hr.

Biggest bang for buck mod you can do.

web site www.aspracing.com

Ive had it now a month and its bloody brilliant.
Guys in the us forums have had them over 2/3 yrs now with no probs what so ever.

If you need more info let me know.

Your learning Dave :bannana::bannana::devil:

Obviously what your trying to do is add more power to your car correct ????

Well have no fear cuz Andys here, forget the porting polishing nonsense a simple solution to your question is to buy a bigger crank pulley.
A bigger pulley means that the supercharger will generate more boost.
I have done this to the E55 and gained from 467bhp to 550bhp.

Cost........£400 for the pulley or $895. £40 or $75 freight and £100 installation 1hr.

Biggest bang for buck mod you can do.

web site www.aspracing.com

Ive had it now a month and its bloody brilliant.
Guys in the us forums have had them over 2/3 yrs now with no probs what so ever.

If you need more info let me know.

Ditto on that, I've fitted a few of these things and I've been out with the owners on test and it really produces a huge difference.

Also see if you can get some exhaust headers since the stock manifold(s) is practically the most restrictive component in the whole system.

Ditto on that, I've fitted a few of these things and I've been out with the owners on test and it really produces a huge difference.

Also see if you can get some exhaust headers since the stock manifold(s) is practically the most restrictive component in the whole system.

Working on that 1 too dan, but the damn things are mega expensive and have yet to find some for lhd cars.

Working on that 1 too dan, but the damn things are mega expensive and have yet to find some for lhd cars.
I think Renntech have some good ones for your car mate.

Not sure of the cost tho but no doubt they will be overpriced like everything else tuners make.

As Andy and Dan have said pulley and header (exhaust manifold) mods are the way to make cheap-ish power on a supercharged engine.

Twin superchargers would be hellishly expensive and complex. That said, didn't a middle-eastern bloke pop a turbocharger on to his C32 to keep the supercharger company? Not likely to be cost effective though. Probably best kept for Sheikhs only.

I think Renntech have some good ones for your car mate.

Not sure of the cost tho but no doubt they will be overpriced like everything else tuners make.

1st company i contacted Dan, no can do for lhd cars as there are clearing issues with the steering rack.
Oh and theres a small matter of $3700.00

The search is still on.

As Andy and Dan have said pulley and header (exhaust manifold) mods are the way to make cheap-ish power on a supercharged engine.

Twin superchargers would be hellishly expensive and complex. That said, didn't a middle-eastern bloke pop a turbocharger on to his C32 to keep the supercharger company? Not likely to be cost effective though. Probably best kept for Sheikhs only.

Sheikh Mohammed Dazzler..................

mmmmm sounds good huh.
Better i keep quite or its 15 days in the slammer for me too.:eek:

How about any UK firms who use Eaton Superchargers or can mod them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom