Supermarket home delivery Chinese style.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

A work colleague shared an apartment with a young lady for 6 months in China. One day they went shopping to the supermarket and she asked for their groceries to be delivered. Imagine his surprise when he looked around on the walk home to see a man pushing their shopping behind them.

image-3231087271.jpg

Into the lift , up to their apartment, unloaded their shop and promptly disappeared.
Made me smile, hope it does you too.

I think this is the case everywhere in Asia. Labour is so cheap that here in West Europe there are always cases which bemuse us. When I was in China, people would throw all their litter on the side of the road in the village I stayed at. There would be old women with broom and wheel barrow. Her job was to go round the high street sweeping up all the rubbish. That was their full time job and she would do it all day. Unfortunately this culture does not translate if those people were to come to England. They normal way of life would be to throw all their litter on the street.

When I was in Malaysia I saw this tea plant factory. Lots of people picking the leaves. In the factory, people would be packing them in boxes. Other people would be sealing the boxes one by one. In Europe we would have one machine do all this. But the 100 people in that factory doing that is cheaper than the maintenance and running cost of a machine.

A work colleague shared an apartment with a young lady for 6 months in China. One day they went shopping to the supermarket and she asked for their groceries to be delivered. Imagine his surprise when he looked around on the walk home to see a man pushing their shopping behind them.

View attachment 54821

I know him...that's Wan Shuv Trollee

When I was in China, people would throw all their litter on the side of the road in the village I stayed at.

Meanwhile here in Kent it appears to be considered anti-social to buy a Macdonalds takeaway and not launch the complete packaging out of your car window, whether you have finished gorging on the contents or not.

The expectation being that the magic litter fairy will come along and clean up your mess. Fail.

what i fail to comprehend is oiks going to mcdonalds (fair nuff), driving to a beauty spot to eat said 'meat', (each to their own) but then to lob the rubbish out of the window? huh? either you like the viewpoint, or you dont.

i have been known to use the basket that supermarkets helpfully provide to take my shopping all the way home in the boot...... i take it back next time....

When I was in Malaysia I saw this tea plant factory. Lots of people picking the leaves. In the factory, people would be packing them in boxes. Other people would be sealing the boxes one by one. In Europe we would have one machine do all this. But the 100 people in that factory doing that is cheaper than the maintenance and running cost of a machine.

Here the bosses don't trust workers - they'd rather have machines. Cheap to run - they just neglect proper maintenance.

Meanwhile here in Kent it appears to be considered anti-social to buy a Macdonalds takeaway and not launch the complete packaging out of your car window, whether you have finished gorging on the contents or not.

The expectation being that the magic litter fairy will come along and clean up your mess. Fail.

Well paid your magic litter fairy though. £858m p/a. A tidy sum of money - wasted...

Britain's 'litter epidemic' costs almost £1bn every year - Telegraph

Labour is so cheap that here in West Europe there are always cases which bemuse us.

I know someone who worked in Nigeria during the seventies. A group of them went to a golf driving range and were handed one club and one ball. Bemused and disgruntled, the first person teed off, fully prepared to go to the pub instead when a young Nigerian boy appeared from a dug out, ran down the range to collect the ball, collected it and after putting the ball back on the tee, disappeared into the dug out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom