Swapping out driveshaft support, question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XJguy

Car
1994 E320 Coupe
I need to change my driveshaft center support. I would like to know if the bearing needs to replaced too? I see the bearing and the mount is sold separately. As far as I know the bearing is still good its just the rubber mount that fell apart. Car has 103k miles. Also do I need to press out the rubber mount or does it just slide off? Does the bearing need to come out in order to put on the new rubber mount? I dont want to start dismantling things until I have a plan and the parts on hand.

Anyone have experience with the FEBI Bilstein brand? The OEM from the dealer cost about $150US wholesale as opposed to FEBI which is less than $40US.

Stick with Genuine I'd say XJ, replacing the bearing makes sense while you are in there.

Did you ever sell those front seats of yours..?

Stick with Genuine I'd say XJ, replacing the bearing makes sense while you are in there.

Did you ever sell those front seats of yours..?

Thanks. Do you know if the rubber mount comes off without the need of a press?

I wasn't looking to sell them I was looking at buying them. But decided to stay with the original.

Don't know.

What are you going to do with the seats that were in it when you bought it, they are the ones I am interested in.... :)

No, no I had a lead on some other seats from a sedan, that were mint, wanted to swap them into my coupe.

So you still have those seats in there now XJ, how much for them, happy to pay well if they are in good condition? PM if me you like...

The bearing just fits inside the rubber centre support, you can see it in the first 30 seconds in video below, probably best to replace the bearing too.

The rubber bearing support gets ripped to bits as seen in picture below.

attachment.php

[YOUTUBE HD]VaCHzzsTQSw[/YOUTUBE HD]

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom