Swapping seat pads in vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vitobrabus

Car
Vito Sport X
My vito is over two years old now and the drivers seat and arm rest are showing signs of wear/heavy use compared to the passenger side.

I can just unscrew the arm pads and swap them over but anybody know what's involved with swapping the two seat pads over? I can't just swap the seats over as the adjustment know and armrest will then been the wrong side.

The seat adjustment will also be on the wrong side, does it engage with any mechanism on that side? The Viano has airbags on the outside of the seat back and even if not fitted I would have thought that the provision would be there. So I doubt its that easy but I am sure some one on the forum has done it. Not thought of sourcing replacements from a breaker? There are a lot out there.

If your not happy with the seat wear after 2 years, I would be surprised if you will find anything better from a scrappers! It will probably be best for you to get new from a dealer, these aren't cheap at all (I know cause I've prices them up) then take the seat apart & rebuild them which is about a 4 hrs job if you haven't done them before.

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Wanted swap the passengers seat pads over with the drivers - doubt I will find sport x seats at a breakers. Pass seat is like new. So if I swap the pads over the wear will even out with time.

I guess the 'leather' will unhook and can be removed so long as it is not glued o the foam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom