Syncing Spare Key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dazzawm

Car
CLC200 2009
Recently purchased a 2010 CLC200. The spare key does not work so I have replaced the battery. I've seen in a couple of places you put the key in the ignition, turn to position 2 and so on...

Trouble is the key won't turn because it does not seem programmed/synced to the car.

What can I do please because I think Mercedes charge in the region of £100 for this which obviously I would like to avoid!

I spoke to a Mercedes briefly and they said that because there was not the normal click noise when I put the key in the ignition and that it wouldn't turn that the key is kapput altogether. The problem is they want in the region of £250 sovs for a new one. Does anyone know anywhere else I can get one and program it to the car? Or do I just have to suck it up and get it from Merc?

if you bought the car from a dealer like I did i January, they have probably given you a spare that isnt for you car :wallbash:

Just get your key repaired, the battery has nothing to do with starting the car only lock/unlock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom