Tacky 260E?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve260E

Car
1991 Mercedes 260E
Seems to be in OK condition but I just find the whiteness and chrome a bit sickly :dk: even so £7500 I reckon would be about what you would pay for an extremely low mileage original 260E definitley not this....

Mercedes Benz 260E AMG | eBay

It's not an AMG. The wheel arch trims hide rust. Barry's been exercising his well-known good taste on the bodykit, the respray, the suspension, the wheels, the tinted windows, the aerials, the grille surround, the driver's mapreading light etc. What's not to like?

Those chrome overmats really set it off a treat, though. They are so right for this car...

With the added benefit of a Nespresso machine in the passenger footwell. No doubt operated by those tasteful toggle switches on the centre console.

Seems to be in OK condition but I just find the whiteness and chrome a bit sickly :dk: even so £7500 I reckon would be about what you would pay for an extremely low mileage original 260E definitley not this....

Mercedes Benz 260E AMG | eBay

Not yours is it Steve 260e?

Looks like £750 to me not £7500

Rust hiders glued onto the arches is nearly always a sign of severe rot in all the wings. It would actually look better with rot left on display.

Two ariels?

£750 max.

Is there a full moon at present? It's a shed.

I believe the seller genuinely thinks it is a cracking car. Eyes, beholder, etc...

Anything that's had to have an AMG badge stuck on from Halfords wouldn't get within 200 yards of my driveway ;)

OK Steve now I know it's not yours I can honestly say I wouldn't give it drive space if you gave me £7500......

Poor poor car, :( i had a 1988 260e and its was a cracking car, Shame most end up getting trashed like that.

Just noticed it's in Harlow. It will sell...

I personally dont think its that bad. Alot worse was done to them in the 80's !!!!

Still only worth 750 though !!

It's not an AMG. The wheel arch trims hide rust. Barry's been exercising his well-known good taste on the bodykit, the respray, the suspension, the wheels, the tinted windows, the aerials, the grille surround, the driver's mapreading light etc. What's not to like?

Those chrome overmats really set it off a treat, though. They are so right for this car...

Very tacky .

As above , the chrome arches almost certainly hide rust ; the bits of zebrano that don't have holes drilled in them for toggle switches and the like are generally in poor condition ; the seats look tired and the luggage nets are a mess . The white instruments don't do it for me , and if the white exterior is the original colour , I'm surprised the interior isn't blue !

The asking price is out by a factor of 10 - I'd reckon it's worth about £750 with a new MOT .

Turns out it didn't sell, but someone bid £5000 on it! I reckon it was his mate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom