Tax disc checker anomaly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Now that tax discs are becoming obsolete, I can imagine lots of people checking cars out for a pastime. I checked one of mine, using the link above, to save me a trip to the garage or having to ask you lot to see when the tax ran out!! Of the two options available, Mercedes or Mercedes Benz, the car in question only appears in one of them, the abbreviation.

How about yours? Could be hours of fun for some!

Pretty sure when I have checked this in the past most AMG come up in the Mercedes category!

The DVLA system is very slow tonight , as I try to SORN one car and tax another .

I'll try again later , otherwise , train tomorrow :)

Of the two options available, Mercedes or Mercedes Benz, the car in question only appears in one of them, the abbreviation.

If only you had bought an Actros or Tourismo.

Well , since my last posting , I've managed , eventually , to SORN the 190 .

Still trying to tax the C270 .

This is painful , like being back on 56K dial up , only slower .

Their system should be able to cope with the demand of people needing to SORN and tax cars on the last day of each month .

FINALLY !

I've been trying to do these two things since about 8pm tonight !

Well , since my last posting , I've managed , eventually , to SORN the 190 .

Still trying to tax the C270 .

This is painful , like being back on 56K dial up , only slower .

Their system should be able to cope with the demand of people needing to SORN and tax cars on the last day of each month .

I just checked the site and it's currently unavailable, probably to do with the new tax rules from the 1st of October.

I don't think it's just that : I've experienced the same thing previously when trying to tax/sorn cars on the last night of the month - as one does !

I don't think it's just that : I've experienced the same thing previously when trying to tax/sorn cars on the last night of the month - as one does !

Tip: Don't wait until the last day of the month :)

Tip: Don't wait until the last day of the month :)

Hard to avoid if you want to keep using one car right up to the end of the month , then SORN and change over to using the other one the next day :D

My wife got her car taxed yesterday on;line...without a hitch. Though she did this about 6pm, it probably got a lot busier later on.

The other factor is that a lot of people get paid on the last day of the month , and probably have to wait for that little detail before paying for the VED .

Out of interest I went to have a look to see what they've done to reflect the new changes. The site is quite slow today however they've updated the service. As expected, you now have the ability to tax online using the new keeper section, you can enter the 12 digit reference from that as opposed to the 11 digit reference on the V5.

My queue at the post office was very slow today....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom