Team Dynamics Lightweight Alloy Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S65, CLK5.6TT (WIP) & RRS 5.0 SC
Anybody knows anything about Team Dynamics alloy wheels range? In particular Pro Race 1.2. They seem very reasonably priced @ £179/ea and weigh only 9kg. I know they are manufactured by Rimstock in the UK but are they any good?

Wheel Range

I know a few guys with Race 1.2's on their Astra's or Vectra's. They are a smart looking wheel.

The Triple 8 race team who used to race the Vectra's in the BTCC used them, so they can't be that bad.

Alx For larger sizes they also have the 1.3 but you can only access them from Rimstock website as the Team Dynamics website does not list them. My son has them on his Clio they are good for the money.

I used to use them on my old track day car... decent wheels in the right environment. Not sure that environment is on a merc....

Only looking at small 18" size due to weight/diameter ratio. My original 18" AMG feel heavy compared to Carlsson 20's. Thought Pro Race 18" might be good on a track and give some advantage over bigger Carlssons.

SavMan, would you change your 18" AMG for a set of Pro Race if they were lighter? Do you see any benefit in this?

For track use yes, I don't think you are going to save much weight as your 20's are feather weights, would be interesting to see how much your 20 inch tyres weigh vs a set of 18's. I would always prefer more sidewall for track use particularly in a big heavy car like your V12 CL. You will probably get a set with tyres for the same price as a new set of tyres for your 20 inch rims.

Last edited:
Alex just to clarify by larger I also mean wider they have an 18 x 10 in the 1.3 which should sit nice for the rears. I think the 1.2 only went as wide as 9 inch.

Paul, my car came with 8.5 x 18 all around so I thought of keeping the same size and dia, just getting lighter wheels. AMG's are being refurbed at the moment so when they are back I'll weigh them to see the difference to Carlssons. Not sure about the wider rears as Carlssons being 9.5 wide sometimes rub on motorway undulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom