temperature guage fluctuating ,overheating problem w204 c200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malik11

Car
mercedes c200 w204
Hi, my mercedes is 2010 c200 cdi blue efficiency w204 model om651 engine. First of all a pipe from expansion tank to water pump came off with a boom lost some coolant but car working fine. Put the pipe back on and maintain the coolant level. After that there were sudden fluctuation in temp gauge and fan was constantly on. Brought into garage checked water pump and it looked fine and put it back on. Next we changed the thermostat and car back to normal. Heating working fine but i noticed some coolant leak from water pump. Kept driving for 3 weeks and top up coolant after every 3-4 days. Decided to change the water pump. After that temp gauge normal but fan kicking in every now and than and No heating either. Changed with new radiator but still the same. Changed the expansion tank cap and strangely the fluctuation of temperature started again. Tried to bleed the system as much as we can and no success. Changed the vacuum switch over valve as well as one pipe is coming from valve to water pump. Also did the pressure test for gases in coolant expansion tank if there is any head gasket problem but test was positive for gasket is fine. I am stuck and have no more tricks in our sleeve. Early reply will be highly appreciated. Thank you

What was the issue in the end with the gauge fluctuating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom