Terminal Velocity Porsche Vid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
I can remember a couple of years ago when 200mph was the speed to hit.......not any more. Those Porsche are something else :eek:

[YOUTUBE HD]KQ86Nzp3EDY[/YOUTUBE HD]
It's available in HD but I can't get it to auto play.......click on the cog over there when its playing >>;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ86Nzp3EDY

Who got the top speed on the day?

The ESM cars hit 226mph, 223mph and 204mph for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, incredible really since the speed traps were set at less than 1.5miles.

I'm still struggling with my new camera settings.

Any one lurking that knows about this that can help?

I film in manual mode at 1080 at 24fps with a shutter speed of 1/50 and iso set to 100. I alter the fstop settings to lower the contrast, usually 11 to 16. This seems to work for slow shots with look nice and crisp but I assume the 24fps can't handle the faster moving shots. My camera has a 60fps setting but not in 1080 :dk:

Any pointers?

Forgive my naivety Marty but what are ESM cars?

Good job they drowned out those nasty exhaust sounds with some nice pop music ;)

Good job there weren't any Revo-mapped Golf R's there, those Porker boys would have been going home with their tail between their legs.

Mrs Afflier and I went to this event, our first, and what a great 5 hours it turned out to be!

I'd decided not to run the C63 until I knew a bit more about these things (that will change at the next one on Sunday June 5th Terminal Velocity )

It was great to see a sprinkling of great 'other' marques amongst the Porsches notably couple of classic M5's, 458, Mustang, Jag, rat VW Polo (really!) and an amazing Astra the hit 160 on virtually every run!

The highlight had to be the ES Turbos. If some of the other performances were amazing, then these were truly from a different planet, great to watch and even better to go and pour over these immaculately prepped vehicles - another great part of the day with everyone more than happy to show their kit! Also good to see a McLaren and Porsche 918 in attendance (like me, spectating only)

Prep begun for my Eurocharged V5 map in prep for June 5th!

Thanks marty359 for the great vid and to Matt from Terminal Velocity for putting these events on:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom