Thanks to the Eurocharged boys for getting me out of the Sh*t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Well I should have said thanks to the Eurocharged young man (Andy) and old git (Paul):D

My old bus let me down on Monday for the first time in 4.5 years:mad:

I set off early and on starting the car got the message saying convenience functions disabled. Now I have seen this message many times before but only during cold months and prior to replacing my battery last winter. I ignored it, as you do and set off on my journey to Camden from Surrey. Got to Hammersmith and my radio decided to turn itself off followed quickly by a red warning saying battery/alternator fault and that I should stop the car, I sort of shrugged it off thinking something was just playing up as the car was running fine.

I was now closer to work than home so continued but the messages got more and more frequent combined with chimes every few seconds. By the time I was outside my office the coolant temp warning came on and the steering started to weight up noticeably. Then the dreaded brake warning came on and the car very quickly became almost undrivable. On pulling into my office building I had to literally stand on the brakes to stop it and it was only from walking speed.

Clearly I had lost all electrics and it was pretty much dead. I got a booster pack on and charged the battery and it started ok but there was a very noticeable electrical burning smell coming from the alternator, which was clearly knackered.

I gave Paul and Andy a quick call and they said they could sort it for me. I got my car recovered and taken to them in Watford. They know I use my car daily and Andy got straight onto it and all was sorted within 24hrs including getting the replacement alternator from MB Milton Keynes:thumb:

Top service from the boys including dropping me off and collecting me from the station. Always a pleasure to deal with.

CHEERS GUYS:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom