Thankyou for the recomendation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topgooner

Car
R class 320 cdi
Bought the Meguiar car shampoo and autoglym wax after reading advice from the forum. Bit pricey but well worth the spend. Absolutely buzzing with the results. After first use this morning.

The shampoo is rich and can feel it really working into the paintwork. The wax was easy to apply and the microfibre cloths included did the job just great.

Can people please recommend a good T cutting product, as there are a couple if blemishes I need to work out. And also a good tar remover.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Tardis is made to get rid of Tar etc great product, there are 100's of different polishes about. Again have a look at the Meguairs brand if doing it by hand or Scholl if you are using a polisher

Another vote here for Tardis it is brilliant for removing tar and by far the best I have used!

Tardis is a great product but I just stick to Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover which works great - when transferred to a spray bottle... Also good at removing glue residue.

I'd recommend Meguair's polishes if working hard or alternatively G|Techniq P1.

Any pics!? :)

martyp87 said:
Tardis is a great product but I just stick to Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover which works great - when transferred to a spray bottle... Also good at removing glue residue. I'd recommend Meguair's polishes if working hard or alternatively G|Techniq P1. Any pics!? :)

Next time I will take some pics. As it was a quick wash job and wax, as my son was in out!!! ... Didn't get to do it in the detail I wanted. Tho still looked good, and had a few passing comments

Your starting on a slippery slope next will come a da or rotary to save the hands on polishing then its all downhill from there :)

Image2000uk said:
Your starting on a slippery slope next will come a da or rotary to save the hands on polishing then its all downhill from there :)

Absolutely loving the motor and cleaning it!!!

The satisfaction I get from a gleaming Merc. Is immense!!!!

Just to mix things up, I tend to use different products dependant on what I want to achieve. For example, I always use Chemical Guys snow foam because it takes most or all of the dirt off and provides a layer of suds that can be sponged or brushed if the car is very dirty.
For shine alone I use a a wax such as Butter Wax but I for something that keeps the elements out and seems to form a rock hard, shiny, hose off finish, I use Autoglym Resin Polish and have done for years. This goes on super easy with a damp cloth or sponge applicator and dries really quickly so you can put multiple coats on in a couple of hours.
Hope that helps…………and the Resin Polish can be applied with varying firmness allowing for simply coating or to take out minor blemishes.

It is not an addiction. Just something I have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom