The C63 wait begins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congratulations! I got a 10k miles 2012 Coupe last month and even though it's a bit of an overused saying round here I really haven't stopped grinning since!

You will love it :bannana:

Well folks, took delivery last night. Car is lovely.

Never had the chance to do a full inspection of the car last night but today I gave her a big clean and was shocked to find a scratch / stonechip on the bonnet!

Can't believe it. Anyone else with experience of at leasing know what the deal is with this? The car had a ~600 mile delivery from Mercedes to me up in scotland. Have I any come back you think? Not the greatest start!!

Attachments

• image-3588936627.jpg
    image-3588936627.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2521812475.jpg
    image-2521812475.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2007874523.jpg
    image-2007874523.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 104
Well folks, took delivery last night. Car is lovely.

Never had the chance to do a full inspection of the car last night but today I gave her a big clean and was shocked to find a scratch / stonechip on the bonnet!

Can't believe it. Anyone else with experience of at leasing know what the deal is with this? The car had a ~600 mile delivery from Mercedes to me up in scotland. Have I any come back you think? Not the greatest start!!

Contact the leasing company. They should sort it out for you. This happened to one of my friends and they had the scratch repaired with no cost to him.

Hitman999 said:
Contact the leasing company. They should sort it out for you. This happened to one of my friends and they had the scratch repaired with no cost to him.

Hitman - thanks for the post.

Was this even though your friend reported it 1 day+ after taking delivery? I've emailed the lease company with the pics too.

I'm just thinking if I were Merc/leasing agent I would be telling me "tough luck".

Real big shame about the stone chip. Hopefully they will get it sorted. Never leased personally.. not sure of the benefits. But wheres the pic of the rest of the car? :D

Hitman - thanks for the post.

Was this even though your friend reported it 1 day+ after taking delivery? I've emailed the lease company with the pics too.

I'm just thinking if I were Merc/leasing agent I would be telling me "tough luck".

I guess it will depend on the leasing company. At the end of the day you are tied in with them for a period of time and a stone chip repair is not that expensive. It is only a day after delivery. Good luck with it.

Hitman999 said:
I guess it will depend on the leasing company. At the end of the day you are tied in with them for a period of time and a stone chip repair is not that expensive. It is only a day after delivery. Good luck with it.

You're quite right. It's just a pain in the backside!

Looks like Merc aren't giving me anything here. Anyone recommend somewhere in Aberdeen for paint touch ups?

Is that a small dent as well in the 1st picture?
If it is I would not accept it until the lease company deals with it.
Haven't they responded to you yet?

Jovie said:
Is that a small dent as well in the 1st picture? If it is I would not accept it until the lease company deals with it. Haven't they responded to you yet?

Unfortunately they're not playing ball as I reported it a day after taking delivery. Yes there is a small dent.

In fairness, I can't say for 100% sure it wasn't there when delivered. So either way I'm sorting it out!

Stuff the leases company just go direct to the MB dealer that they used and who will likely delivered the car.

I had a scratch and got it sorted. Southwest MB dealer let me get it sorted at my local MB dealer with no cost to me.

600 miles? where did they drive it from Germany to Wick?

Looks like Merc aren't giving me anything here. Anyone recommend somewhere in Aberdeen for paint touch ups?

ChipsAway in Aberdeen are fine if you want it cheap and mobile. The professionals are Kinghorn out at Blackburn who are the certified for Mercedes and Porsche.

Al

Timely post! I have leased a C63 estate and it arrives in 2 weeks
All going to plan and Freedom Hire have been great
One issue I need to resolve is insurance - have been getting some shockingly high quotes - for instance I looked at a M6 GC and the insurance was £600, but for a C63 with no extras I am getting £1100...
Can someone point me in the right direction?

BespokeC said:
Timely post! I have leased a C63 estate and it arrives in 2 weeks All going to plan and Freedom Hire have been great One issue I need to resolve is insurance - have been getting some shockingly high quotes - for instance I looked at a M6 GC and the insurance was £600, but for a C63 with no extras I am getting £1100... Can someone point me in the right direction?

I found Admiral to be half the price of anyone else. I am paying 1250 with them but I am only 24. Shop about, different company's suit different circumstances.

Admiral was cheapest for my Mercedes cars but it doesn't guarantee it will be cheap for other people.

I took an Admiral policy for ~£400 per year. I'm 30 with 9 years NCD. Also took out a GAP policy with ALA for about £197 to cover 2 years in case of total loss.

To answer the earlier point about 600 miles, I know you're just joking around, but Exeter to Aberdeen (with some rounding up).

:)

Although I can't comment about c63s I've been waiting 5 months for my a45 due July and I'm now into the last 5 weeks and it's killing me, lol.

As for insurance, I think my a45 is GP 43 and admiral indeed are the cheapest I'm 43 so maybe I've turned a corner, but fully comp , no convictions blah blah, 211 quid or 250 if I add the Renntech 414bhp remap.

Already made two spotify playlists to cater for driving haha

BespokeC said:
Timely post! I have leased a C63 estate and it arrives in 2 weeks All going to plan and Freedom Hire have been great One issue I need to resolve is insurance - have been getting some shockingly high quotes - for instance I looked at a M6 GC and the insurance was £600, but for a C63 with no extras I am getting £1100... Can someone point me in the right direction?

Try MB insurance - they have big discounts for newly registered AMGs.

My c63 was £400ish

My CLS63 is about £300

Both getting on for £900 elsewhere

42 yrs old, no points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom