The Elephant in the Room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
So. Trump or Clinton. Who's going to win and why?

Six-guns at the ready.....

Thought our moderators didn't allow politics?

I've a recollection that this subject has already been picked over in some detail.

Neither Trump or Clinton are fit to hold the position IMO, and going on the debates so far I'd put Clinton slightly ahead.
Trump has proven time and time again he is no politician and would be a disaster as President. He doesn't even have the total support of his own party.

Funny how a country with 320million inhabitants have narrowed down the choice to a racist bigot and a proven liar who should really be in prison.

At a very macro level, I'd say Trump plus nuclear button is a dangerous and worrying combination.

He seems to be a bit of a nutter - wasn't that little bloke with the Charlie Chaplin tash a bit of a nutter too? - and look what he did :crazy:.

He seems to be a bit of a nutter - wasn't that little bloke with the Charlie Chaplin tash a bit of a nutter too? - and look what he did :crazy:.
They do both subscribe to eugenics; listen to how many times Trump says something about how he's got the "clever genes" or "winning genes" (and how Americans living below the poverty line have "bad genes").

I'd rather have Clinton; she might be a liar, but at least it's the kind of polished lies you expect from a career politician.

giphy.gif

Yes, as Rodger said, a country with such a large population and these two are the front runners??? :wallbash:

Shame they can't change the rules and get Obama back in for another term. I think he's been a better President than these two would ever be.

Trump has proven time and time again he is no politician and would be a disaster as President.

At a time when disaffection and distrust with the political establishment is at an all-time high, the fact that Trump doesn't look, act or speak like a politician has proved to be his greatest strength.

And whilst his supporters don't "get" (or don't care) that he's seen as a buffoon everywhere else in the world, we in the UK probably don't realise quite what a divisive character Hilary is. To the average Republican she has always been the devil incarnate, but there are also many in her own party who simply can't stand the sight of her.

Remember, Bill will be calling a lot of the shots behind Hillary. He obviously does what he is told by the 13 families.

But , anything is better than Trump, what an embarrassment to be even in the running for what is actually the biggest job in the world.

In a country of many many very clever people, they are reduced to this muppet.

HB said:
In a country of many many very clever people, they are reduced to this muppet.

Bizarre isn't it, mind you they voted for George W as well!

All politicians lie- some lie more than others!.

The post-truth election? Comparing 2016 to past elections on the Truth-O-Meter | PolitiFact

Clinton: Trump 'an absolute avalanche of falsehoods' | PolitiFact

The thing that's disturbing is not DONALD TRUMP per se but that a large number of american citizens are still prepared to vote for him. The American presidential campaign has been been reduced to the level of a Reality Televison show. Trump of course hosted such a show for many years which majors on humiliation [ the Apprentice] . Its as if the boundaries between the artificial and the actual have now disappeared and the Americans now find themselves in some grotesque game show where reality takes a back seat.

My monies on Obama doing a third term (Google Marshall law before going on about how he can't)

or....

Baracks husband Michael jumping in Clintons shoes when she drops out the running due to illness or similar. Trump is likely to have some kind of JFK attempt prior to next month too.

Pretty far out views I know and don't mean to start anything - let's just wait and see :)

For what's it's worth I think it's shocking that the U.S. can only off it's people (and the world) Trump and Clinton as the next President. Truly shocking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom