The Elephant in the Room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Alright I will admit a spoke is loose but it's bound to be somebody elses fault. There, I've said it!

How is the American economy going now after 6 months grober...

Well i will chime in if I may.
Its early days yet in to this man's presidency.
I live in an economic boom city buoyed by legal marijuana sales and recently I heard no fewer than 350,000 people have move to Denver in the past few years. Car sales are up to levels not seen in decades, house prices are through the roof , and the main highways are seeing car jams like crazy.
Credit is still tight , food prices are on the rise and of course fuel goes up an down like a Yo Yo American style.

Car repair demand is up and I can't keep up with the amount of vehicles that are coming onto the lot!

I am contemplating a twilight shift until midnight to keep up!

Currently with a 6 day week we are running two week lead time to book something in.
With all this new found wealth I am getting a lot of exotica in the shop. Yesterday I had the pleadings by a Maserati Quattroporte owner who offered me a $500 bonus to get at his engine first! Queue jumper!

Even stating it starts at $3500 and I need a $1000 deposit retainer does not seem to deter!
Where are people getting all this money!:dk:

Seeing a late XK Jaguar and an Aston on the hoists, plus three Rangies with timing chain issues, plus a bloody awful diesel Tuareg that by itself is about $45,000 of business right there!
Let alone all these bloody Sprinters that roll in at about 4 per day on average.

Anyone wanting a job?
I have three openings for skilled techs at the moment !!!!
Reminds me of a Denver bumper sticker I saw back in the 80"s
Oh God let there be another oil boom--AND--This time I won't pi$$ it away!
But they will!:devil:

Tuercas Viejas

Steve Bannon exits as Trump's White House senior strategist - BBC News
a song from the World War 1 era comes to mind.

They Were All Out of Step But Donald

with apologies to Irving Berlin
They_Were_All_Out_of_Step_But_Jim_sheet_music_cover_art.jpg

Last edited:
Either Trump is playing a medium term game that's incredibly clever and well thought through (and that no-one else has worked out), or he won't make the end of his first term, let alone being returned for a second.

If he thinks the POTUS can be effective as a one-man band, he's going to be madder than a mad thing that's very, very, mad when he eventually tumbles that it doesn't work like that.

It's one of those scenarios where if it wasn't so serious, we'd all be having a good laugh.

Trump's weakness is that he seems to need to be surrounded by yes men. People that flatter his ego and re-enforce his self image. If they are valuable to him and/or demonstrate unquestioning loyalty fine, but such is the nature of his personality that the slightest hint of dissent or that they may prove a liability to him then they are out. It would appear with Trump loyalty only functions one way. The following might well explain why Bannon is out-----?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OB78eZgRg

grober said:
Trump's weakness is that he seems to need to be surrounded by yes men. People that flatter his ego and re-enforce his self image. If they are valuable to him and/or demonstrate unquestioning loyalty fine, but such is the nature of his personality that the slightest hint of dissent or that they may prove a liability to him then they are out. It would appear with Trump loyalty only functions one way. The following might well explain why Bannon is out-----? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OB78eZgRg

THIS, exactly this! Now either being surrounded by these yes men will result in him being out within the 4 years or, more worryingly, end in world war 3 when the joint chiefs say yes to a tactical intervention I. N.Korea. My only hope is that the chiefs being career military men and women have been around long enough to know when to carry the dummy nuclear football and when to carry the real one. I'm hoping it's been the dummy case within Arms reach for the past 6 months.

Possibly No3 is waiting around in the hope that friends of No6 will shoot No1?

No6 just wants to escape from 'The village' .

He's not a number, he's a free man.

It's a bit of a stretch but lose the glasses and the true identity of no 3 is revealed -----------?? ;)
tve11619-78-27-0.jpg

But who is number one ?

" You are number six "

I think the Russians have a lot to answer for re the goings on in North Korea grober. It's a hang over from WW2 for them.

It's interesting to see the changes in him since then, it's a pity we didn't have him as Pres before now.

...It's interesting to see the changes in him since then...

Yes, his signature facial expressions and hand gestures were all there, though they have become much more exaggerated now. Also his voice became 'softer', I think. Plus I find him more fluent and eloquent in his younger days. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom