The Elephant in the Room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, just heard that. I wonder if he is betting on increased work volume to get tax quantity up where it needs to be...?

construction-is-underway-on-prototypes-of-trumps-border-wall--see-what-they-look-like-so-far.jpg

PROTOTYPES of the Trump wall are begining to appear-----someone will have to remind POTUS its going to have to be longer than this!

Well the bible-thumping citizens of Alabama have rejected Republican candidate Roy Moore despite his strong endorsement by Donald Trump. Maybe "fundamentalist America " is finally waking up to the fact they elected a dodgy used car salesman as their president. Roy Moore is calling for a recount- as you might expect.
Democrat wins in Alabama Senate upset

I think Trump can count on the pig-thick redneck vote whatever he does. His problem is becoming ALL the others.

Exhibiting once more his mastery of the English language TRUMP evidently believes there's not enough drug taking in the EU according to this interview with Piers Morgan
QUOTE:-
The European Union is not "cracked up" to what its supposed to be! :eek:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"HEY KID...get out of that fridge !, you can't buy that beer for another couple of years, but I have a nice AR-15 here with 30 round magazines going cheap that I can let you have after a 5-6 min check"

Makes perfect sense to me..

So what's this got to do with Trump?.
Obama after a school shooting - "We will tackle the issue of gun control"

Trump after a school shooting - "We will tackle the issue of mental health"

Trump's response echos the US NRA moto 'guns don't kill, people do'.

So what's this got to do with Trump?.

Well, since you are the first to mention Trump in connection with the 9th mass school shooting incident in the US this year...tell us.

To me its simple a matter of statistics. Assuming a finite number of mentally unstable people prepared to commit such henious crimes and a finite number of guns in the population at large, the greater the numbers of each the chances of the two co-inciding with devastating consequences is markedly increased.
Part of Trumps political election campaign majored on combating any increase in gun control possibly influenced by the NRA's election campaign donation to him of $11.4 million. :rolleyes: Trump's latest budget would slash the major source of public funds for mental health treatment, the Medicaid program serving more than 70 million low-income and disabled people. The budget also calls for a 36 percent cut to an Education Department grant program that supports safer schools, reducing it by $25 million from the current level of $67.5 million. The man's hypocricy is stupifying.

https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...ts-trump-focus-on-mental-health-school-safety

To me its simple a matter of statistics. Assuming a finite number of mentally unstable people prepared to commit such henious crimes and a finite number of guns in the population at large, the greater the numbers of each the chances of the two co-inciding with devastating consequences is markedly increased.
Part of Trumps political election campaign majored on combating any increase in gun control possibly influenced by the NRA's election campaign donation to him of $11.4 million. :rolleyes: Trump's latest budget would slash the major source of public funds for mental health treatment, the Medicaid program serving more than 70 million low-income and disabled people. The budget also calls for a 36 percent cut to an Education Department grant program that supports safer schools, reducing it by $25 million from the current level of $67.5 million. The man's hypocricy is stupifying.

https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...ts-trump-focus-on-mental-health-school-safety

Setting aside the finance - in relation to Trump's comments regarding the shooting:

One of the pro-gun arguments is that there are several millions of people who own guns in the states, but only a few dozens of of people mentally-ill enough to commit mass murder. So the logic: is tackle the mentally-ill few rather than the gun owning many.

The counter argument is that when it came to Muslims, the same logic should apply, i.e. there are millions of of Muslims in the US but a only a few dozens who will actually carry-out terror attacks, and yet Trump's proposal was to tackle 'Muslims' as a whole rather than tackle the extremists.

construction-is-underway-on-prototypes-of-trumps-border-wall--see-what-they-look-like-so-far.jpg

PROTOTYPES of the Trump wall are begining to appear-----someone will have to remind POTUS its going to have to be longer than this!

And it's not even going to be that high. Half is being pushed underground to prevent tunnels.:fail:

#fakenews

Painting roofs with a broader brush is quicker and more efficient MJ, unless you want to fiddle around with a wee brush and then miss some spots.

Muslims have no central moral authority who is/are going to tell them to pull their heads in when they step out of line. We in NZL are MAKING them have one. This I will say is a trendy leftie VFT initiative, and one that I fully support - for once. You do something bad we are coming to see your leaders, Mr Leader you have a problem you need to fix - if you don't fix it we will give you worse press than Trump until you do. Love it! Of course nobody else in the Muslim world is doing this [let alone themselves] so it makes sense to use a broad brush - painting roofs with brooms is the way to go!

Last edited:
In the early 80`s I spent 4 years based in Tennessee . One evening I was in our garden , and had just picked up my 2 year pld daughter to take her back inside when I heard the "whoosh" of an air rifle pellet , which landed a few feet from us. I looked around and saw our neighbours son (15 years old) running indoors with the gun. Went straight over and banged on their front door. The boys father , a Baptist minister , no less , answered and was rather shocked to be confronted by a tirade that mostly was not in his" good books". After I explained what I would do to his son and air rifle if I ever saw them together again , he calmly asked if I would like to come in and have a bowl of ice cream .
The following day I discussed the incident with my American colleagues who could not believe that I did not own a gun. I asked one of them how many guns he owned . "ain`t altogether sure , between me and daddy , at least 12 guns and rifles". Sadly it is second nature for most U.S. citizens to own firearms and I do not think it is possible to disarm them en bloc. We were very fortunate to meet many lovely American people , but in the course of my travels I had a couple of occassions when firearms made me very nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom