The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always thought he was a dud. Glad pep seen him for what he was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Barca out!! Let's hope Liverpool don't get Real or Bayern in the semi - or even better those 2 teams also have a bad night tomorrow - not that I can see it happeneing!

Excellent result for both Liverpool and Roma.
You can't help but like Jurgen Klopp whether Liverpool are your team or not.

Barca out!! Let's hope Liverpool don't get Real or Bayern in the semi - or even better those 2 teams also have a bad night tomorrow - not that I can see it happeneing!

Real won't want to face LIverpool - they were made to look ordinary by Spurs earlier in the competition.

Come on LFC...........city can keep the 5-1 drubbing...........we just knocked them out of the best club comp in the world

Come on LFC...........city can keep the 5-1 drubbing...........we just knocked them out of the best club comp in the world

Only just seen this.

1. The 'drubbing' was 5-0

2. The CL 'the best club comp in the world' ? It's a knockout comp. and has been won (fluked) by several teams who were far from being the best. A league is by far the best competition to show who is the best team and I think you'll find that the mighty LFC are so far behind City it's ridiculous.

Only just seen this.

1. The 'drubbing' was 5-0

2. The CL 'the best club comp in the world' ? It's a knockout comp. and has been won (fluked) by several teams who were far from being the best. A league is by far the best competition to show who is the best team and I think you'll find that the mighty LFC are so far behind City it's ridiculous.

Like Europe's other big leagues, the Premiership has become a contest about who can spend the most of their wealthy owner's money. And yes, Leicester did it on the cheap but that really was a fluke.

****ne Wenger has finally got over his ego and is stepping down I see

A great manager, but has lost his way, sadly seems to have ruined his own legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like Europe's other big leagues, the Premiership has become a contest about who can spend the most of their wealthy owner's money. And yes, Leicester did it on the cheap but that really was a fluke.

With odd exceptions the best teams have generally had the biggest budgets. United didn't win 20 titles on a shoestring. Nothing new.

With odd exceptions the best teams have generally had the biggest budgets. United didn't win 20 titles on a shoestring. Nothing new.

A lot is new - things have changed a great deal since Utd's heyday. Their success was self-funded with money coming from winning trophies, expanding their existing stadium capacity and hugely successful global merchandising.

But since the arrival of Abramovich at Chelsea, success has depended more and more on wealthy owners who are prepared to spend any amount in pursuit of silverware and Sheikh Mansour at City has taken this to a new level.

Come on Brentford, 2 games to go and only 1 point away from the 6th play off spot, I can only Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs trophy cabimet continues to collect dust for another season.

Mo Salah deserved winner of the PFA award.

Ironic that Mourinho was Chelsea manager at the time Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku were all considered not good enough:doh:

I remember it like yesterday sitting in the lower centenary stand at anfield and signing "bye bye mourinhoooo" as we were 2-0 up........btw he got sacked 2 days later (first of his many sackings)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom