The Grand Tour Season 2 - Dec 8th!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I watched most of it last night (I fell asleep) and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Did anyone else catch the remark re Brian Wilson/Beach Boys?

The scripted “ladness” like jezza changing the flight to cattle class, and requesting no booze, is a touch painful, but, I am enjoying it more than last series.

Anyone else think the laughter in the studio is canned though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Grand Tour series 2 has now morphed into exactly the same as the Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear before Clarksons meltdown.
A couple of small changes, but in essence the same format with an intro, a challenge, car chat, a review, a guest( or two), continuation of the challenge filming and a close.
Why change a format that worked so well despite its detractors.
I can't see the BBC being happy their show is now being done by Amazon, only better.

The Grand Tour series 2 has now morphed into exactly the same as the Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear before Clarksons meltdown.
A couple of small changes, but in essence the same format with an intro, a challenge, car chat, a review, a guest( or two), continuation of the challenge filming and a close.
Why change a format that worked so well despite its detractors.
I can't see the BBC being happy their show is now being done by Amazon, only better.
Have Amazon released any viewing figures yet?

Have Amazon released any viewing figures yet?

Must be gazillions. But, just to contradict that, I think the first season was geared towards our American friends, so far the second series seems more “British” so wonder if J cheeseburger Hootenberger the 3rd will have stopped watching. Effecting said figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think its entertaining and funny. I dont watch it for a serious review of any car at all. As they say; 'It is what it is' and thats entertainment.

nice to see the AMG GTR and the rest drifting on this episode, i am so glad they killed off the american driver and watching celebs die bit.

I find myself fast forwarding through the celebrity challenge and on the latest episode the business park bit.

Another excellent episode although not enough time spent with the Bugatti for me.
The presenters now look relaxed and comfortable compared to the first series.

I really liked the new episode but the Hammond accident joke is getting a bit boring now

All their jokes are third-hand. I tend to skip over those for the cars.

I really liked the new episode but the Hammond accident joke is getting a bit boring now
Yes but at least Hammond doesn't have to worry about going to the dentist (hygienist) anymore ;)

I never got past the third episode of season 1..... that was dreadful and I haven't plucked up the stamina to try season 2 yet. I hope it's better because it couldn't be worse than season one. Say I got that I watched the old top gear special on Pategonia over Christmas and that was much much better than the Grand Tour.

I've watched all of them this season and I've enjoyed them. They really need a "proper" Christmas double-episode duration though. They're what they do best IMHO.

Ep 4 is an excellent response to the complainers who say the new show is too scripted. LOL

Ep 4 is an excellent response to the complainers who say the new show is too scripted. LOL
I thought it lost its way towards the end re the road trip. Michael Balls and Alfie Boe were good though.
The first episode is still the best one in my opinion.
Ps Michael Ball looks good for a bloke 5 years off 60. He must be the same age approx as Jeremy Clarkson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom