The legend Ayrton Senna RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recently watched the documentary 'the truth about Ayrton Senna'. What an eye opener!
I really enjoyed watching him drive and some of the old racing clips. Very spectacular and very emotion stirring.
Shame I never got to watch him race at an age I could have appreciated it live!

I remember watching it live, i couldn't believe what was happening, F1 hasn't been the same for me...no disrespect to the rest.

love that video clip of the ring, haven't been interested in any motorsport since I was around 12 years old group b rally, late 80's-early 90's dtm and early 90's f1 were the best days imo. senna was a great driver rip

It was announced over the P.A system when it happened, at the time I was with my uncle at truckfest. I can remember it like it was yesterday, every one fell silent for a couple of minutes.

Not to forget of course , Roland Ratzenberger was killed in an accident during qualifying , the day before the race. Senna apparently had an Austrian flag in his car , which he intended to display at the end of the race in R.R.s honour.There have been requests made to have a memorial for Ratzenberger placed at Imola , which would seem to me appropriate. Scariest thing of all --------- how quickly 20 years have passed!

Not to forget of course , Roland Ratzenberger was killed in an accident during qualifying , the day before the race.

Yes, I was going to say, I remember watching F1 that weekend on BBC1 (when I actually used to follow it) and remembering another fatal crash the previous day.

20 years has gone bleedin' quick!

Remember senna

[YOUTUBE]xn8gh39SsrM&list=PLpmwWuIh57wbNOED1-7eWIRhAtQuQhHsS[/YOUTUBE]

I remember watching it live, i couldn't believe what was happening, F1 hasn't been the same for me...no disrespect to the rest.

Can't get back into it can you, I know..

Yes rip Ayrton and Roland!!!
As daring as Ayrton was, there seems to be this odd ideal about his ingenious driving skills? He was by no means even close to Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda etc IMO.
Yes he was a great driver, but I think his legacy has more to do with his spirit ( given the circumstances he passed away ), and the character he portrayed on the track as opposed to off the track. Fans seem to be fascinated by him that little bit more because of the circumstances!
I as always every year have watched many Ayrton playbacks over this week, and come to the same conclusion......
Flawed genius.
With an alternative personality could've been the greatest
RIP Ayrton and Roland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom